Eyesight and constant computer use



Been working with a computer every day for over 13 years and no eyesight problems here

I don't do anything special
 
Ive been working on the computer for the past 7 years and I have close to perfect vision still, I don't eat carrots and i don't take breaks for hours. Is it proven your eyes get feked?
 
I think the old CRTs are worse than flat screens. My dad was a programmer but needed glasses already by my age.

Not exactly a scientific study though.
 
I asked my optometrist about the risks associated with looking at a computer screen all day, every day, and he said there was absolutely no chance it could affect your eyesight.
 
When I can "remember" I subscribe to the 20/20/20 thingy.

Every 20 minutes look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds then go back to staring at the screen.

I'm lucky if I look away once an hour on average though unless the phone rings. Lulz

My problem is that I really don't blink while looking at my monitors, just like they have said in the studies. So when my eyes start to get DRY things get kind of blurred. Then when I notice this I either look away or make myself blink a few times and then keep my eyes closed for a few seconds and then everything seems to clear up just fine.
 
Best way is not to be in front of monitor more than 2-3 hours straight, instead take a gap for 15 minutes, after every 2-3 hours.
 
I couldnt believe the difference between a crt and my flatscreen, all those years of eye cripple were diminished once I changed
 
I use computer every day 16 hours and I keep my eye cool with out any pain . The reason is by doing every day 'EYE YOGA'. This gives good results paralelly having good diet like having eggs, carrot etc every day
 
I don't need glasses but I wear a pair with anti glaire/uv/some computer shit coating.

I've noticed my eye's strain badly on Apple cinema displays (which I use at home) but not so bad on Dell's (which I use at work).
 
my aunt is in the eye biz and suggested the following:

hoya tact

I just ordered a pair earlier this week, will see how they work.
 
It really depends on the person -- my eyes deteriorated a bit even after taking laser eye surgery.

Pre- laser eye surgery wise, yes video games, TV and CRT monitors fucked up my eyes big time.

Also people who spend most of their days in front of books/monitors need glasses, generally speaking.