Fuck I hate the new Google Analytics!

avatar33

e-Hustler
Dec 5, 2009
3,838
52
48
Calgary, AB
am I the only one? I know it's been a while since they launched it but I still can't get used to it. Everything has changed and it's not as intuitive as it used to be. I wish they leave the option to use the old one but they keep switching me back to the new version. It's probably only a matter of days/weeks before they disable the old one.
 


No idea why, but I still have the old version as the default one, and an option to make the new one as the default..
 
If you need better insights, better analytics, the drill, pay for it. I'm on paid plan of $59.99/y with getclicky and never looked back.
 
If you need better insights, better analytics, the drill, pay for it. I'm on paid plan of $59.99/y with getclicky and never looked back.

This. Plus Google has less data about your other websites to penalize you for in the future.


^but those services exact data from Analytics anyway, don't they?

No, Clicky has its own tracking code to analyze usage with. In fact, Clicky has a LOT better metrics and bounce rate calculation.
 
I'm on paid plan of $59.99/y with getclicky and never looked back.

Yeah, it's good software and reasonably priced. A while ago I tried a lot of the paid analytic services out there and I finally settled with it. Nothing else I tried was a good as Clicky.
 
You guys tried the new Statcounter? It's the shiznit. Possibly better than GetClicky. -The Free version is enough for many people here, in fact.
 
i actually like the new one. it takes a while to get used, but it's really good for me.
 
I hate the new Adsense. I think it has become EXTREMELY un-user friendly.

Anyone else agree on this?
 
am I the only one? I know it's been a while since they launched it but I still can't get used to it. Everything has changed and it's not as intuitive as it used to be. I wish they leave the option to use the old one but they keep switching me back to the new version. It's probably only a matter of days/weeks before they disable the old one.

Fortunately I'm still on the old one but I can't believe how shitty the new interface is. The dashboard on the old one provides useful at a glance information on each group and each group is collapsed by default with easy access navigation on the left.

In the new one, no information is provided on the dash and all the groups are expanded into on huge useless list of tracking codes and URLs. Of all the Google interface updates this has to be by far their biggest failure.

I was already considering moving to a more robust analytics package like GetClicky or perhaps Piwik which is opensource and free (anyone tried it?) but if they don't fix this I will certainly be moving on.
 
Piwik has some issues with heavy traffic, but those can be worked out (round robin batches).
Take a look at what Wikipedia uses: Open Source Web Analytics.

::emp::
 
the new AdSense interface is AWESOME!

If you are not using it, you're probably losing out on hundreds or thousands of lost revenue dollars.

If need ot be using "Custom channels" for each new ad and then checkmarking the "Show this custom channel to advertisers as a targetable ad placement" and setting all the proper info there. If you are not doing this, you are definitely losing big money!!!
 
Yeah I hate the new GA interface as well. I'm with fatbat -- there seems to be no handy overview when you log in, like there were with the old. Shitty upgrade if you ask me.

For those of you with paid Getclicky's: When you use tracking code from the same account on a bunch of sites - looking at the code would you say there's reason to be wary of possible footprint?
 
the new AdSense interface is AWESOME!

If you are not using it, you're probably losing out on hundreds or thousands of lost revenue dollars.

If need ot be using "Custom channels" for each new ad and then checkmarking the "Show this custom channel to advertisers as a targetable ad placement" and setting all the proper info there. If you are not doing this, you are definitely losing big money!!!

oh you said Analytics not AdSEnse lol disregard this, im stupid.
 
For those of you with paid Getclicky's: When you use tracking code from the same account on a bunch of sites - looking at the code would you say there's reason to be wary of possible footprint?

It should be obfuscated per each site's code. At least mine don't log the account, just the site's ID.