I can't focus, I think I have ADD

means the money you're earning right now is not motivating you enough

aka step your game up. end all be all explanation.
 


this is a stresssympton. stress less. take what you do seriously. dont be afraid to take your time doing things. if you do the right things you more than make up for it.

also

WICKEDFIRE WILL NOT MAKE YOU MONEY.

only you wlil.
 
exercise and run on the beach for about half an hour a day, atleast that's what works for me.

A great and simple advice, it works for me too.
I walk in the wood and sometimes kayaking in the morning (before 6:00 am).
It's a turbo for productivity.
 
Ampethamines don't make you focus, you have to make yourself do that. What I mean is that you can take an Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse, Concerta, etc and you won't magically start pumping out work, only you can initiate the process of 'focusing'. However once you actually sit down and start working, ampethamines lock you in and you can focus for hours. Some people take amps and browse the internet like a champ for hours and don't actually get shit done. Personally, I'd avoid amps if you could. The side effects are nasty, you definitely loose weight, and for some people it's obvious when they're on them: they look fucking cracked out.
 
write up what you want to do in detail, then post it as a project at rentacoder.com, problem solved.
 
mr_mackey.jpg



dude fuck taking drugs side effects not worth it
try neurofeedback instead to treat your ADD you will thank me later
 
You can try the (10+2)x5 method. FOCUS for 10 minutes (just do it) then take a 2 minute break. Go stretch yourself, drink something, watch yt, whatever. Repeat it for 5 times.

Remove distractions & focus only on 1 thing! Best of luck!
 
I have a hard time concentrating too. Sometimes I'll be right in the middle of a sentence - and I hate being in the middle. It reminds me of the long car rides I use to take as a kid w/ my 2 brothers, have you seen that movie? Where the guy sleeps with his brother's wife after he goes missing in the middle of Iraq? Speaking of middle, where was I?
 
This is really killing my productivity.
I know what you are going through.

I've found diet and amino acids along with other supplements can make a huge impact (and of course exercise). I'm still learning and trying the natural approach and seeing good results.

I know a lot of people here talk about adderall and other drugs, but I prefer more natural options myself.

Check out the book The Mood Cure or their website - The Mood Cure

It is helping me and I am not even finished with everything I need to do yet.
 
Everytime I want to do something, I always get distracted in the process and end up taking forever to finish a task.

Example, I want to buy a domain, I launch my browser and I will end up at ESPN or wickedfire because while waiting for my browser to launch, my mind will go through lots of things and get distracted.

I noticed alcohol can slow my brain down a little and I become a bit more focused, but I am not much of an alcohol guy. What do you do when you have trouble focus? Ideas? Suggestions?


This is really killing my productivity.

Don't self medicate, go to your fucking doctor. An inability to focus can be caused by many different things, and they all share the same symptoms as ADHD.

You could be over stressed, depressed, anxious, fucking bipolar, anything. Start eating right, exercise every day, get some sunlight everyday, and go to a doctor.

I spent a year wrestling with this shit. Takes willpower and logical decisions to fix it, but it's worth visiting a doctor to make sure you aren't dealing with other problems.

Armchair psychology is a terrible thing.
 
Don't self medicate, go to your fucking doctor. An inability to focus can be caused by many different things, and they all share the same symptoms as ADHD.

You could be over stressed, depressed, anxious, fucking bipolar, anything. Start eating right, exercise every day, get some sunlight everyday, and go to a doctor.

I spent a year wrestling with this shit. Takes willpower and logical decisions to fix it, but it's worth visiting a doctor to make sure you aren't dealing with other problems.

Armchair psychology is a terrible thing.
Gotta take a polar-opposite stance on this.
Having a beer to slow yourself down is probably the **first** thing I'd recommend, if you've noticed that works for you. To that extent, what you've "noticed" is, in my opinion, the biggest factor here. You're a self-employed individual working alone on the internet to make yourself rich -- "You" are the most important person in the equation. If you can't figure out what makes you focus, do work, and feel good about it, give up on the entrepreneur thing now.

That being said, I don't really trust doctors. If you go to a doctor, today, in 2010, with the medical field as it is right now, and describe "trouble focusing", they will say "You may have ADHD" and you will get amphetamines prescribed to you. They do this to everyone, because every working person in the world today will truthfully say "I have trouble focusing" and "Sometimes I miss deadlines". If you believe there really is a single pill that will fix that "problem", and not kill you slowly(?), you are a moron. Doctors hear 85%+ of their patients complaining about their attention span, and they'd be fools to say "there's nothing wrong with you, take a vacation and think about your goals" -- instead, they reach for the prescription pad, like they're paid to.

I believe that ADHD-pills and depression pills are marketed to everyone JUST LIKE acai berry -- The condition (ADHD, depression, clinical obesity) really does exist, but most people don't have it, and the effectiveness of the "pills" hasn't even been measured. I believe that commercials are put on T.V. that are designed to make every single American stand up and think "I have that! I need these pills!" I believe that amphetamines are the WRONG drug for EVERY TYPE of focusing problem; I believe like others in this thread that if you're not motivated by what you're doing, no drugs will help you. I believe people are prone to short attention spans or inexplicable bouts of sadness or brief periods of weight gain, and I believe this is part of the human condition that should be embraced, not "treated". I believe the proper way to handle any of these issues is always the same -- Eat healthier, take a short walk, exercise twice a week.
 
Gotta take a polar-opposite stance on this.
Having a beer to slow yourself down is probably the **first** thing I'd recommend, if you've noticed that works for you. To that extent, what you've "noticed" is, in my opinion, the biggest factor here. You're a self-employed individual working alone on the internet to make yourself rich -- "You" are the most important person in the equation. If you can't figure out what makes you focus, do work, and feel good about it, give up on the entrepreneur thing now.

That being said, I don't really trust doctors. If you go to a doctor, today, in 2010, with the medical field as it is right now, and describe "trouble focusing", they will say "You may have ADHD" and you will get amphetamines prescribed to you. They do this to everyone, because every working person in the world today will truthfully say "I have trouble focusing" and "Sometimes I miss deadlines". If you believe there really is a single pill that will fix that "problem", and not kill you slowly(?), you are a moron. Doctors hear 85%+ of their patients complaining about their attention span, and they'd be fools to say "there's nothing wrong with you, take a vacation and think about your goals" -- instead, they reach for the prescription pad, like they're paid to.

I believe that ADHD-pills and depression pills are marketed to everyone JUST LIKE acai berry -- The condition (ADHD, depression, clinical obesity) really does exist, but most people don't have it, and the effectiveness of the "pills" hasn't even been measured. I believe that commercials are put on T.V. that are designed to make every single American stand up and think "I have that! I need these pills!" I believe that amphetamines are the WRONG drug for EVERY TYPE of focusing problem; I believe like others in this thread that if you're not motivated by what you're doing, no drugs will help you. I believe people are prone to short attention spans or inexplicable bouts of sadness or brief periods of weight gain, and I believe this is part of the human condition that should be embraced, not "treated". I believe the proper way to handle any of these issues is always the same -- Eat healthier, take a short walk, exercise twice a week.

So a moderate dose of adderall will kill you? Is that what your saying? I'm all for people making educated decisions, but apparently you're in the "this guy should just tough it out" boat. However, it's his choice and I bet he'd rather be on my boat. You know, the ferry that departs from Sufferneedlessly Land.
 
So a moderate dose of adderall will kill you? Is that what your saying? I'm all for people making educated decisions, but apparently you're in the "this guy should just tough it out" boat. However, it's his choice and I bet he'd rather be on my boat. You know, the ferry that departs from Sufferneedlessly Land.
Are you joking me? Does that sound like what I said? Where did I tell this guy to suffer needlessly? I suggested he find a solution for his troubles that doesn't come in pill-shape. I happen to believe that most pill-shaped solutions are ineffective in the bigger picture.

Amphetamines are bad for you in the long run, and lots of fun in the immediate future. End of story.
 
So a moderate dose of adderall will kill you? Is that what your saying? I'm all for people making educated decisions, but apparently you're in the "this guy should just tough it out" boat. However, it's his choice and I bet he'd rather be on my boat. You know, the ferry that departs from Sufferneedlessly Land.

It's his choice and he's going with turbolapp, said and done! :)

Seriously though, I didn't read uplink's advice as "tough it out" but rather "don't misdiagnose/mistreat..." -- what is wrong with that advice? The part about trusting doctors is the catch-22 of course but that is a big can of worms...

Also I'm not going to go on about it here but search "adderall withdrawal" and then just make sure you don't dose up like those people.