I just saw...

Yj4ur.jpg


Every time I see them in tube I feel I should run away. Am I paranoid?
That's a dude.
 


Yeah... and there's an agreement in place saying all US troops have to withdraw from Iraq by Dec 31st, 2011, so if they're invading Iran, expect it to happen before the year's end. The US didn't build some of the largest military bases in the world in Iraq for no reason. :)

Exciting end of the year in perspective...
popcorn.gif
 
Shopkeepers, college, workplace, etc. I've had good conversations with all sorts of people that I'd never met before, just never one with a Muslim. Even when I was in Abu Dhabi and Dubai not one person made me feel welcome, travel to most places and you'll find people who are just generally happier/more talkative.

I don't have any problem with them, I treat them the same way I would anyone, I'm just saying, in my experience, they generally don't reciprocate openly/pleasantly. It may just be a culture thing?

Probably just people you've come across versus a culture thing. I've had the opposite experience to you. I live in a city with a high muslim population and a lot of newsagents are owned by muslims, they interact with customers have a laugh etc. Same thing through school, college and uni. Obviously there are plenty of anti-social muslims who don't really talk to people who aren't like them, but this isn't exclusive to muslims, you'll find the same traits in a lot of people. Where in Scotland are you from?
 
I live in Toronto, Scarborough to West end it's the most multicultural city/area in the world. There is a high 'terrorist looking' population here, ninjas/curtains/turbins/all the stereotypes you have been taught to fear.

Guess what.

Some of the best fucking people I've met in my life.

We don't really take to this terrorism shit in Canada nearly as much as the US/other parts of the world. We embrace immigration in excess according to many, however we somehow learn to get along. TONS of halal shops/foreign shops, shrines, religious centers, etc. and not a single fuck is given by most.

Rage you'd love it here :)

EDIT: Now getting memories of epic fashion fails you'll see here on a regular of people trying to kinda fit in, but still kinda retain their culture, and it reallllly doesn't work. Also used to get pissed off seeing the couples in my area where the woman has to sit in the back seat - bizarre but whatev's, you learn to accept it, fashion faux pas' and all. 2011 look = Turbin, full length gown/garment, with bright nikes, and a blazer.
 
I live in Toronto, Scarborough to West end it's the most multicultural city/area in the world. There is a high 'terrorist looking' population here, ninjas/curtains/turbins/all the stereotypes you have been taught to fear.

Guess what.

Some of the best fucking people I've met in my life.
i went to sarajevo a few years ago... muslims everywhere. ate lunch 10 feet away from a mosque every day. talked to the owner of a restaurant while i was eating and he was telling me about his brother who was fighting americans in iraq. i was laughing inside my head the whole time thinking about how americans are so afraid of muslims.

will never forget the sound of the mosques at night. really beautiful/haunting/spiritual sound. they were all around my hotel in the hills above and below, so it was like surround sound.
 
fuck religion. fuck islam even more, by far the biggest piece of shit religion on Earth.

Also, fear and dislike are two different things.

And this is a big problem within our country; ignorant people like you.

I don't believe in religion, but I sure as hell don't think like you. And even if I did, I definitely would not say it out in public. Completely disrespectful. Some things are better left unsaid.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yaxxx
And even if I did, I definitely would not say it out in public. Completely disrespectful. Some things are better left unsaid.

I am not for or against your stance, but if everyone thought like this there would have never been an America to begin with.

Speaking out, disrespectful or not, is what helped shaped this country and bring it into life in the first place.
 
I am not for or against your stance, but if everyone thought like this there would have never been an America to begin with.

Speaking out, disrespectful or not, is what helped shaped this country and bring it into life in the first place.

I see what you're saying. There are some places where we do need to speak up, obviously. But I don't see how what he said provides any value or serves any purpose.

But I do see what you're saying.