I want to move to Canada, help a guy out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Montreal is the shit. Born and raised.

Toronto is really a shit hole :(

Move to somewhere nice -- like Montreal, where they got cheap $20 blowjobs and 12 strip clubs in 1 block and the people ignore traffic laws. Oh, and they speak all English in Montreal.
 


1. half those games ARE allowed here.

2. Big fuckin deal bout the porn, although i can look at all the porn i want & so fucking what if teh gov takes it away you will be more productive, get your hand off your dick and go get a real fuck you imbecile.

Oh NoeZ teh internetZ took my pornZ and I'm to fucked in teh head to go get a real root <==== our slang for a real fuck.

So, half the games AREN'T allowed?

It's not about wanting to play those games, or looking at porn, it's about the government telling me what I can and can't do. It's about the mindset that those laws, those bannings represent.

Sure, I can't smoke pot or strangle prostitutes legally in the US, there are restrictions in all governments across all countrys, but I'm not interested in moving to a country with more restrictions then the one I'm living now.

Don't get me wrong, Australia is awesome. I'd love to visit some day. But I'm not interested in living there.
 
3852654-Downtown_Vancouver_on_a_cloudy_day-Vancouver.jpg


The city is amazing, I can't say enough good things about it.
 
Requirements to enter Canada:

Requirements to Enter Canada

Suggestions:

Don't enter Canada and then make your application. You'll end up with more legal hoops to jump through.

You should be able to do most of the documents yourself. You can talk with Immigration Canada's help line. Some of them are idiots, though. Keep detailed records of your conversations.

Be careful about what you're going to say that you're going to do so that it isn't construed that you'll be taking jobs away from current residents.

As to where: Depends on what you're looking for. Nova Scotia and PEI are nice but miserable winters. Toronto is a work city. Vancouver and around it is expensive but a great place to live. Work hard and play harder.

Taxes: Canada is projected to have the lowest statutory tax rate of the G7 countries by 2012 and the lowest overall tax rate on new business investment in the G7 and a marginal effective tax rate advantage over the U.S. of 9.1% by 2012. Budget 2008 - Budget Plan - Chapter 3: Strengthening Canada's Tax Advantage

Laws: Too many differences to mention and many are on a province by province basis. B.C. is relatively lax when it comes to enforcing some drug and prostitution laws but more stringent when it comes to enforcing environmental laws. Gun laws overall are stricter and litigation, though an issue, isn't as much of a pain as it is in the U.S. Canada does tend to be more bureaucratic.

Good Luck!
 
kh1 said:
Also, Toronto is trying their hardest to steal the Buffalo Bills so we can also have an NFL team.

Wow that would be a poor acquisition. Canada need to pick up a real NFL team.

SUP3RNOVA said:
lol if you actually are moving because you think you'll be shipped to a concentration camp...lol. Enjoy higher taxes.

It's not just that, it's the economic climate in the US. We could be heading into a very bad depression and hyper inflation is looming. Have fun when your money's not worth anything anymore!

Fatbat said:
Great women, food, clubs, shopping, 20mb+ internet connections, hockey games, pubs, strip bars, skiing and snowboarding a 40 minute drive away on 3 local hills with late night lighting, the best skiing in the world 2 hours away in Whistler/Blackcomb, Stanley Park, Granville Island, Spanish Banks, Wreck Beach, mild weather, etc. etc. etc. Did I mention the food? I miss the selection of restaurants the most I thin

That sounds great, I'm not a fan of warm weather all year round and I love to ski.

Thanks for you input guys.
 
Vancouver is terrible. The best place is Calgary from all the places in Canada I have been. Australian accents are so annoying I'd never go there. Under NAFTA you can apply for a TN visa which is really simple.
 
1. half those games ARE allowed here.

2. Big fuckin deal bout the porn, although i can look at all the porn i want & so fucking what if teh gov takes it away you will be more productive, get your hand off your dick and go get a real fuck you imbecile.

Oh NoeZ teh internetZ took my pornZ and I'm to fucked in teh head to go get a real root <==== our slang for a real fuck.
If you think the government's censorship plan for the internet is a good idea in any way, shape or form you obviously don't believe in individual rights, please move to China and stop electing the retards that put that bill up.

Hopefully the senate will kill it.
 
Australia is a pretty cool place from what I have heard, but the internet censorship thing is a huge turnoff.
 
Except Calgary is cold as fuck in the winter. Worst case in Vancouver you'll have -5 Celsius for a week.

The ocean, skiing, mountains/nature vs: cows & flatness?

Vancouver is terrible. The best place is Calgary from all the places in Canada I have been. Australian accents are so annoying I'd never go there. Under NAFTA you can apply for a TN visa which is really simple.
 
Ok, with the way the US is going I keep thinking the smartest thing is to just leave it before we are put in FEMA camps.

I'm not that far away from the Canadian boarder (mid Wisconsin). What do I need to know before I come? Whats a good place to go for US Americans? Any US laws you know that are not the same in Canada?


Canada sucks... but Wisconsin sucks more. so good one loser!
 
Don't give up your gun. It sounds like a really good idea until they march you into a gas chamber, and then you think "Gee, I wish I had my gun so I could resist the tyranny we all hoped would never come".

People without guns aren't safer. The bad guys still have them. People without guns are victims.
 
If you think the government's censorship plan for the internet is a good idea in any way, shape or form you obviously don't believe in individual rights, please move to China and stop electing the retards that put that bill up.

Hopefully the senate will kill it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not for any of the gov's bullshit & as for porn censorship, it aint really gonna happen it'll cost to much money, shit you remember that kid who hacked their bullshit filter that cost them millions? well there ya go.

I really think that our gov will just drop the issue & you will hear nothing more bout it...

...If not proxies FTW.
 
Don't get me wrong I'm not for any of the gov's bullshit & as for porn censorship, it aint really gonna happen it'll cost to much money, shit you remember that kid who hacked their bullshit filter that cost them millions? well there ya go.

I really think that our gov will just drop the issue & you will hear nothing more bout it...

...If not proxies FTW.
Once government takes away liberty, the only way to get it back is revolution. Don't sleep on shit like this. If they can make the case for any censorship, you can count on bureaucrats to find all sorts of shit to censor, like slinging berries or free obama money. Then it's hurtin' your pocket, instead of your groin.
 
Vancouver is terrible. The best place is Calgary from all the places in Canada I have been. Australian accents are so annoying I'd never go there. Under NAFTA you can apply for a TN visa which is really simple.

Vancouver is awesome and YOU are terrible.

Rage if you are thinking about moving up here I'd seriously consider Vancouver!
 
I visited to montreal once, and i liked it. So you should go to montreal. Yup.
 
lol if you actually are moving because you think you'll be shipped to a concentration camp...lol. Enjoy higher taxes.

Once Obama is done spending - we shall see who has the higher taxes ;) and at least at the end of the day you are going to know the bank you got your last weekly wire from is still in business. Canadian banks failed: ZERO.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.