Few weeks ago I talked bout a website Im doing for my buddy who owns a custom bike shop. We talked about me doing the web, videos (already done a few) for promo etc.
So...few days ago we talked on the phone, planning what to do with the site and the whole idea, Im in the process of designing the website etc...and he just slips this in the conversation;
"oh yeah, guess what, this guy from around the way came by to visit my garage yesterday and he showed me his new SLR camera, some dope shit, it shoots slo mo video, striked a match in front of it and it looks awesome in slo mo...we're gonna shoot some short film with one of my bikes"
And my first reaction (not saying Im right or not, it was just my first reaction) was - speechless. I was like "what...why?"
And he said "well I know him and he just got the camera so he wants to test it around etc so were gonna shoot the video in a few days just for fun"
didnt say shit about it to him, but I feel this is a bitch move. Agree? Or disagree?
I mean - what good will that one video do for you, why in gods name would you let some random schmuck with a decent DSLR shoot it just because he expressed the will to do it, right before the site gets launched and right before we make a proper video, with my own equipment?
Doesnt make sense to me, but I may be wrong.
So...few days ago we talked on the phone, planning what to do with the site and the whole idea, Im in the process of designing the website etc...and he just slips this in the conversation;
"oh yeah, guess what, this guy from around the way came by to visit my garage yesterday and he showed me his new SLR camera, some dope shit, it shoots slo mo video, striked a match in front of it and it looks awesome in slo mo...we're gonna shoot some short film with one of my bikes"
And my first reaction (not saying Im right or not, it was just my first reaction) was - speechless. I was like "what...why?"
And he said "well I know him and he just got the camera so he wants to test it around etc so were gonna shoot the video in a few days just for fun"
didnt say shit about it to him, but I feel this is a bitch move. Agree? Or disagree?
I mean - what good will that one video do for you, why in gods name would you let some random schmuck with a decent DSLR shoot it just because he expressed the will to do it, right before the site gets launched and right before we make a proper video, with my own equipment?
Doesnt make sense to me, but I may be wrong.