Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3



Also, to anyone who says he fell off... How do you go about falling off and becoming one of the biggest executives in the industry? He changed, yeah... if he stayed the same he wouldn't have half the success. How you gonna flip the script with out switching the flow up?

It's more refreshing than say 50's latest shit... He's all rappin' about poppin' off shots in the streets when he's a millionaire livin' in lofts. At least Jay is legitimate in his shit.

Haha.. sorry, I go off on this shit. Rap labels are the business I studied most prior to getting in the a-game.
 
yikes, that's one of my favorite songs. Best swizz beat in a long time, and Jay ripped it.

Feelin myself, I don't even need an X pill
Can't chill but my neck will
Haters really gon' be mad off my next deal
Uhh, I don't know why they worried bout my pockets
Meanwhile I had Oprah chillin in the projects
Had her out in Bedstuy
Chillin on the steps
Drinkin quarter waters
I gotta be the best
MJ of SummerJam
Obama on the text
Y'all should be afraid of what I'm gonna do next
Yup, I def diggz the swizz beats track
 
On the political tip, here's a pretty good article on the album and Jay-Z as an artist:
Jay-Z's 'Blueprint 3' proves to be a different kind of original - USATODAY.com

The rapper's newest is an interesting study in artistic development and says a lot about how far Jay-Z has come and where he's headed. Rather than trying to recapture past glories or refight youthful battles, he's redefining what success means to him.

It has been years since Jay-Z was a hungry artist, clawing his way to becoming the "best rapper alive," or an up-and-coming CEO just beginning to build his riches. He needs new challenges, because "the world can't hold me — too much ambition."
 
been listening to it most of the night will making drupal do my bidding. i really like on to the next one. just everything about it, including he's basically saying fuck you if you still think i should be doing the same stuff. it's definitely a more mature jay z. not sure about the rest of it yet. it's settling into my brainz, though.

i think if you listen to it expecting the old, you're gonna be disappointed. there's something there, imho...
 
Jay Z had some great albums:

Black Album, BluePrint, Reasonable Doubt

He just doesn't have it anymore


you want every album he puts out the be the greatest of all time.

this album is legit, if i still bought music i would cop.
 
It's not bad but not really revolutionary either. There are some awesome tracks and some that are just aight.

Particularly,

Empire State of Mind
Hate
D.O.A.
Off That
A Star Is Born

on repeat. "Hate" is just damn silly and I'm always rofling hearing Kanye's "PEW PEW PEW"s lol.

Sick production though.
 
Blueprint 3 is a dope album. So glad they decided to release it earlier! I tried to score tickets for Jay-Z's 9/11 benefit concert at Madison Square Garden but it literally sold out in minutes. Gonna watch it on TV though. Fuse is doing a live broadcast of the concert. Starts at 9PM.... Check out more here:JAY-Z | Shows | Fuse.tv