Let's assume Ron Paul became president for one second...

With congress right now, he would be no more effective than Obama imo. Its sad. I love Ron Paul, I"m a huge supporter. I just don't think shit can happen with our government anymore.
 


Perhaps he could put a federal Fine on lies by the media?

For every infraction where a MSM outlet is caught distorting the truth they are fined $10,000... That research/enforcement department could certainly fund itself while doing the world a lot of good.
 
The surge in illegal immigrants is very much due to the minimum wage laws and the unwillingness of Americans to take low-paying jobs.

Not true. Americans will not work for sub minimum wages, that is true. I know many that are making a fortune off underpaying their workers. There are others, in the same industries, playing by the rules and simply not making as much.

[
In fact, these illegal immigrants are probably taking jobs that would otherwise be shipped overseas. This keeps money and capital in the U.S., instead of shipping it out.

It may force companies to upgrade to machinery and increase their in country productivity. Construction, restaurant jobs, service industry stuff - that would all go to workers that are willing to take the jobs. I call BS on all of those saying US workers will not take the jobs.

Illegal immigrants aren't taking away any jobs worth complaining about. Would I prefer these immigrants be legal citizens? I don't think it makes much of a difference, especially considering their incomes are probably below the poverty line, so it's not like they would contribute to the tax burden.

This is all BS. I know many illegal contractors taking jobs away from others, these are good jobs making much more than US median income. My illegal backhoe operator makes $100K+ year and $300K+ year during the boom times.

Even though what you are saying is commonly accepted as true, it is not. Many would take these jobs, especially in times like these.
 
Sometimes I think that what Ron Paul is doing now is more sustainable than anything he could do as a president. He's slowly changing the thoughts of not just the USA but the world - how many times have we seen folks not even in USA support him?

Here's a news flash for you, and it's not from FOX, CBS, MSNBC or any other covert propaganda station. No, he is not particularly well known round the world and I doubt many people outside the USA would care to even know his policies. I'm not sure what exactly brainwashed you into this line of thinking, but the rest of the world does not really care about the year that American's spend trillions electing someone to elect. Come back after someone suitably rich and normal looking has been voted in.
 
Even though what you are saying is commonly accepted as true, it is not. Many would take these jobs, especially in times like these.

It's my theory that illegals will end up pushing the service sector here in the states. We want our conveniences but won't be able to pay retail soon enough. You can't ship putting that special sauce on my big mac overseas.

Come back after someone suitably rich and normal looking has been voted in.

Fuck normal looking

3b6d64754f9c424e8bf9cfafcdc77639.jpg
 
Perhaps he could put a complete stop to the relationship business and politicians have. Once this marriage is separated a lot of the corruption in Washington will end.
 
Here's a news flash for you, and it's not from FOX, CBS, MSNBC or any other covert propaganda station. No, he is not particularly well known round the world and I doubt many people outside the USA would care to even know his policies. I'm not sure what exactly brainwashed you into this line of thinking, but the rest of the world does not really care about the year that American's spend trillions electing someone to elect. Come back after someone suitably rich and normal looking has been voted in.

Here's a newsflash for you. I'm *not* an American and I do know who Ron Paul is. Granted, I didn't know who he was before he began campaigning, but I know who he is now. Also, when you say people don't care about the year American's spend trillions electing someone to elect, again you are mistaken. I do care, and I do watch, because it is the best comedy on television. The only sensible person on that stage is Ron Paul.

This whole concept of campaigning to elect the person to run against the President is all a little bizarre to me. Would it not be more sensible to gather all the Republican politicians in to one room, have a discussion, and decide who has the best chance of running against Obama, then leave the room and annoucne to the country that '______________' will be the Republican nominee in the election?

All these debates do is expose all the candidates' weaknesses, and rarely are their strengths ever the focus.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crisis