Making Monies Online and Traveling the World?

Why "do it before you get married" and all of that? My husband and I have just sold pretty much all our Epic Items and will shortly list our house to hit the road in a 5th wheeler...then go from there. We do have a baby. Irresponsible? I don't think so, but some might.

The more crap I take to the dump, the better and more free I feel. Materialism...it's amazing what people give up for things, items.

Life is not a dress rehearsal, you only live once, and you are more likely to regret the things you did not do, than the ones you did. So go for it.
 


if you have money, work on the internet, and don't travel

you are the most disinteresting person in the world
 
Do it before you get married and you can bang lots of hotties (whether you are a girl or boy, and whether you like girls or boys). Way more flexibility and opportunities for adventure.
Or...do it after your divorce.
 
Really wanna go out and see the world. Now waiting for my son to be atleast 5 year old so he can enjoy too. I have already seen UK and most of asia.

But yeah, if i was single, I would have gone out and roam the world while i can
 
Sounds fantastic

Sounds fantastic! I thing about this a lot. this work can be done (almost) everywhere. maybe it's hard to keep working when your in greet places.... But to keep financing your journey is a good motivation
 
What if your business is registered in Canada & your business bank account is also in Canada?

I wish you were right but I'm not sure it's as simple as that... You can't be "living it up" in Thailand while using Canadian services and expect to owe nothing at the end of the year... that's my logical opinion, I'm no accountant, but I think you have to "break ties" with your home country if you don't want to owe anything...

Please tell me I'm wrong because I really wish I can go live in Bermuda and pay 4% tax there instead of paying 40% in CA! (without breaking ties with Canada of course)

You're not wrong. For you to not pay taxes in Canada you have to be a non resident for tax purposes. Living abroad for a few years won't cut it if you keep a bank account, spouse or house in Canada. You need zero ties whatsoever.
 
Problem for U.S. citizens is it doesn't matter where you make your money or if you are a resident of another country or even a resident of no country you still pay U.S. taxes. Even if you renounce your U.S. citizenship they still demand you pay taxes for 10 more years. Un-f'ing-believable, isn't it?

If you own a corporation, even as a US citizen, you can still *reduce* your taxes vastly.

Take a lesson from Google: Dutch Sandwich saves Google billions in taxes - Business - Bloomberg Businessweek - msnbc.com

I lived abroad and traveled extensively in my early 20's before I even knew what the fuck affiliate marketing was:
  • You don't need a lot of money to travel. Almost everywhere is cheaper than the US, Canada & Britain. Income arbitrage is well-documented and entirely possible; earn dollars or pounds and go pay pesos or bahts.
  • Be flexible and open-minded. There is nothing more annoying and likely to spoil a good time than running into an arrogant Westerner that makes you look bad abroad.
  • Sell your shit. Seriously. Owning stuff costs you money- either because you have to pay to move or pay to store it. Own as little as possible, pack half as much as what you think you'll need and bring 3x as much money.
  • I became pretty involved in another forum called "The Black Flag Cafe" owned by the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places. You can search through their archives and get invaluable information over there about places to eat, stay, things to see that are truly off the beaten path.

Between 21-26 everything I owned could fit in the back of my pickup truck. I lived in San Francisco, NYC, Washington DC, Boca Raton, and Egypt during that time - not counting extensive travels around the Middle East, Alaska, Japan etc. It was amazing. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
 
if you have money, work on the internet, and don't travel

you are the most disinteresting person in the world

Before I got into IM, I had met this guy who was making 30k per month off AM (back in 2000 that was massive) but he never left his basement. Money kept piling up while his only travel was from his basement to the liquor store. He was trashy looking, greasy hair, old clothes... that had to be the saddest affiliate marketer I met.
 
Well, if you are afraid, don't get married until you feel different. It is important you pass though this feeling or you won't forgive yourself.
 
Before I got into IM, I had met this guy who was making 30k per month off AM (back in 2000 that was massive) but he never left his basement. Money kept piling up while his only travel was from his basement to the liquor store. He was trashy looking, greasy hair, old clothes... that had to be the saddest affiliate marketer I met.

Is he still alive?
 
Making money online and traveling the world is only a dream.
You have to think that you won't find broad band or even a decent connection everywhere. There are places where you can't trust free or paid WiFi.
I can't manage my businesses from an Internet Cafe, it's not right, it's not for a serious businessman.
Too many distractions when you travel, lack of focus.

I think it's better to earn money, choose a place you want to live and feel inspired, buy a nice house, make vacations.
And when you have reached success, hired good and trusted employees, pack your shit and travel around the world all the time you want.
 
Personally when I travel the last thing I want to do is work on a computer. At home and work I pretty much spend 12 hrs a day on the pc... when traveling I spend 0 hrs.

Nothing like getting a nice break from the computer, for a change. + when you travel you want to see and do cool things, not be in front of a boring computer.
 
Personally when I travel the last thing I want to do is work on a computer. At home and work I pretty much spend 12 hrs a day on the pc... when traveling I spend 0 hrs.

Nothing like getting a nice break from the computer, for a change. + when you travel you want to see and do cool things, not be in front of a boring computer.

I call this vacation not "making money online and traveling".
 
I've been thinking about this for a long long time. I'm 31 now.

I did a bit of travelling when I was 25, mainly australia, which I loved. And since I got back to the UK I've thought about being in australia every day since.

Course, now, 6 years later, the itch is just getting bigger. I have to do it.

When I went 6 years ago I literally went with a small backpack, couple changes of clothes, toiletries and a charge for my phone. Back then netbooks werent an option, but if i was going now i'd take the same plus a 11.6" netbook to work on.

The plan would be simple, travel the world indefinately, with the odd stop off at home.

Regarding not being able to focus, I'd probably travel major city to major city, spending a month or so there to focus on work, then leaving and having some fun for a month before reaching the next city to spend a month there to work etc. I could also buy a 2nd screen to increase productivity in each city, as they arent expensive :)

As someone who is not in his 20s, to anyone who IS in their 20s, just go, seriously. If you're settled down already you're simply doing it wrong, you will regret it!
 
As someone who is not in his 20s, to anyone who IS in their 20s, just go, seriously. If you're settled down already you're simply doing it wrong, you will regret it!

^^ Listen to the man. If you are "serious" about a girl and you're in your early 20's...forget it. Dump her and travel. In 10 years you won't even remember her name. But you will relish your travel memories on your death bed.
 
...and don't forget if you're from the US, if you spend something like 330 days of a tax year out of the country it's mostly buh bye to federal income taxes.
 
...and don't forget if you're from the US, if you spend something like 330 days of a tax year out of the country it's mostly buh bye to federal income taxes.
Yup, one of the best benefits, but it's only if you make less than 90k a year. If you make more, however, you can get around this by incorporating a business (I recommend do this in Singapore) and write everything off as a biz expense.

I'm an American living in Malaysia and it's Awesome. I honestly don't know if I will ever move back to the states. I've been in Asia for over a year now. The people are much friendlier and it's cheaper. Don't even get me started on the girls. They are much better here in every way. Asia FTW.