Most USELESS bit of software ever invented

One of the fucked up things about PHP is the random order of function parameters for some related functions. If you don't remember the order, it's hard to guess based on any sort of logic, you just have to go RTFM.
 


One of the fucked up things about PHP is the random order of function parameters for some related functions. If you don't remember the order, it's hard to guess based on any sort of logic, you just have to go RTFM.
Yeah. str_replace, explode, substr, etc. I look them up every single time, because there's literally no logic in it.
 
Haha. php.net/functionname redirects you to it, so its not that bad.

And code completion is irritating as hell.

I don't use code completion. But in Dreamweaver (and I imagine anything other than notepad), if I type a function name, once I type the parentheses afterwards a little thing pops up.

afd5xz.png


It isn't annoying at all - I only have code completion enabled for HTML tags.
 
not in crimson editor - which is a glorified notepad i guess... but it's lightweight and pretty slick - lacks code completion / code folding.
 
Not in TextWrangler/BBEdit either. Although BBEdit does some stuff like that I always have it turned off... no hover like Dreamweaver though, shame Dreamweaver drives me insane to develop in. :(
 
textmate



and no serious developer uses dreamweaver for anything ever

lol that's just a retarded thing to say. you probably haven't used it since like dreamweaver 4. it has better php editing than half the php ide's out there, and if you want to throw up a quick form or something, design mode has VASTLY improved over the years. we're not talking about using it to slice up your clan template design here
 
OK, no one seems to have anything LESS useful than my original, so I claim victory... another 'Warriorforum' triumph!!! Ah, the forum for pedos and tards strikes again.

I seriously recommend you all keep an eye out for this 'Andy Black' character - I detect another 'wagenheim' in the making.
 
I don't use code completion. But in Dreamweaver (and I imagine anything other than notepad), if I type a function name, once I type the parentheses afterwards a little thing pops up.

afd5xz.png


It isn't annoying at all - I only have code completion enabled for HTML tags.

I use netbeans for my development and it can be a little wonky. I don't use code complete most of the time just faster to type it IMHO, unless it's a long variable name.

But I just look at it once per session and I'm good to go so it's not that much of an issue.
 
Post up your finds here, please. I'll start -

rewrite your articles ...by hand

to save you all the trouble of watching the excruciating video (complete with wierd 'tard accent voiceover) I'll explain what it does.

it splits text into sentences

That's it. Period. And you have to log in to use this piece of moronware.

And guess what? It's by some clown called 'Andy Black' who is (you already guessed, didn't you?!) a 'warrior' from the 'warriorforum'.

BTW, they're going apeshit for it over there, you'd think he'd invented a cure for fucking cancer or something.

unbelievable.

OK, someone else beat that then.
Ok I'm gonna get flamed here for saying this but...
I actually think that this tool is pretty useful. :p

Yes I admit its only a 5-10 minute script, but sometimes, simple is good. I've used it since you posted it on here and its helped me rewrite 3 articles very quickly. HaHa