Motherfucker - I lost my job today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. The big 3 has been trying to hang on to their hayday for years. The credit bubble just helped them stay afloat with imaginary money.

IMO, and I'm sure people will hate me for saying this but, unions have a huge part in this particular case. Unions have slowly sapped the industry to a point where we can't be competitive any more. Do you think unions are popular in China and India?

BTW, shady, how's East Lansing fairing through the economic storm out there?
East Lansing is doing ok. Most businesses here have a relatively captive audience(students on foot) and are mostly just (cheap) restaurants and liquor stores.
The city of Lansing itself is not doing near as well.

As for the unions, I can agree with that. I generally support them but UAW is insanely powerful, and had a long time where they were simply asking for (and receiving) wayy too much in the way of benefits/cash considering the level of skill assembly line workers(a lot of their base) needed.
That said, they did concede a LOT of thigns without a fuss when it was clear the company was in trouble. But the damage was done imo.
 


Really sorry to hear that!

Quite a few of my friends have lost their jobs in things like Construction, Sales and Recruitment because of the way things are in the UK.

As said it would probably be best to find a small job to pay the bills while you build up your online empire :)
 
Remember that no matter how bad the economy gets, there are three things that will always sell

1) Drugs
2) Alchohol
3) Women

Now go profit!
 
Bad shit man.

The combination of recession, bad political decisions, overly-strong unions and a manufacturing industry unable to compete with cheaper and better quality imports sounds familiar. I hope America handles the inevitable decline of manufacturing and it's aftermath better than the UK did.
 
Fucking auto industry. Detroit fucking sucks.

So, I guess this means I might have to start taking this shit more seriously. I was making about $70k/year, so I need to at least figure something out to maintain that level - I gots kids to feed.

Right now, MyNextCollege.com makes the most money for me, but nowhere near enough. I might have to start getting creative with this shit.

Any suggestions (other than to hang myself) would be cool. Or the passwords for all your online banking shit would be fine.

DEFINITELY check out Search4Click networks (PM for tips on how to get through the network as they are kinda tight with it all)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.