They rank third for "Stand Up Paddle Board" not a bad result.
It's not easy to walk in and ask for money and especially when they don't understand you. I get those types of people all the time. They think because they've talked to 10 SEO guys, they are experts themselves. They always listen to the guy with the best sales pitch, who usually has the worst results.
I don't have a sales pitch. I tell them how it is and they either like me or they don't. Honesty can be a double edge sword. People with big egos hate feeling that they are wrong or don't know anything about what they are doing and when your knowledgeable you tend to make them feel that way.
I would have come back at Cuban and said, will you match Mr Spectacular's deal at 25%, he didn't even ask. The worst thing he could have said was no and still took him at 30%.
Also if your such a horrible presenter, get someone else to do it or use video / presentation to show off what your selling. Still it's not easy so props to him but the winging it part didn't go as well as I think he wanted.