Over 2 weeks clean, Fuck your Mother

pewep

Banned
Nov 30, 2009
2,249
36
0
Ain't touched a drop of alcohol or a puff of cigarettes since the 8th. It's been hard but I'm hanging in there. I definitely like being sober and the extra energy is always a plus.

I can definitely say if I wasn't exercising (running about 2-3 miles a day) and practicing pranayama I'd have quit almost immediately. I'd be too bored otherwise. Gotta find some way to keep the dopamine levels high, huh?
 


Well, to be honest I just feel like unless I completely and totally cut out nicotine from my life I can never be free from it. I tried e-cigs a while back and they are almost as bad as the real thing because they definitely make the craving worse. The first 5 days were tough but after a while, I noticed I just don't think about drinking or smoking. When I see it, yeah I miss it but otherwise it's just not on my mind.

I sometimes dream that I have fallen off the wagon and I'm smoking (never drinking, always smoking) and I'm always happy to wake up and realize it was only a dream. Anyone out there that ever felt trapped by alcohol or ciggs, shit if this alcoholic nicotine fiend could do it, you can. Trust me.
 
I get the cigarette part, people have a tough time staying off those shits

but the alcohol part I dont get. Cant keep the bottle down bro? You know you bout to be akaholik, rite?
 
Stays clean for 2 weeks, thinks he sober for good.

This is like a fad diet. But hey, hang in there!
 
Running definitely helps stop you smoking. With every puff, you're getting further away from beating your record, and it helps you do that. I wish it didn't rain so much here, I love running, but hate it in the rain.
 
Ain't touched a drop of alcohol or a puff of cigarettes since the 8th. It's been hard but I'm hanging in there. I definitely like being sober and the extra energy is always a plus.

I can definitely say if I wasn't exercising (running about 2-3 miles a day) and practicing pranayama I'd have quit almost immediately. I'd be too bored otherwise. Gotta find some way to keep the dopamine levels high, huh?
Was that the day you called me? LOL
 
I quit drinking soda for the entire year. Not one drink since Dec 28th 2011. Feels amazing. There is so much shit in soda that goes into your body that I am now avoiding. Only drink water and coffee now (and an occasional beer).

Congrats on quitting smoking. I have friends that have done it in the past (non-smoker myself) Over time you will notice a shit load of health improvements. One friend of mine used to get bronchitis like 2 times a year every year. Now that he is smoke free he hasn't had it once in the last 3 years.
 
"I haven't been to jail this year."
"I feed my kids!"
"I don't beat my wife."


"Niggers always want credit for some shit they're supposed to do. They'll brag about stuff a normal man just does. They'll say something like, “Yeah, well I take care of my kids.” You're supposed to, you dumb motherfucker. “I ain't never been to jail.” Whaddya want? A cookie? You're not supposed to go to jail, you low-expectation-having motherfucker!"