I started I guess what you'd call a "hobby" site last year (May of 2012); it's been going well and I've found some small ways to monetize it, mostly it's been just for my enjoyment though.
This was in late May, and when PR updated in early August the site was a PR3. This was without buying any links or doing anything shade whatsoever, so as you can imagine I was pretty psyched about this.
I've still kept things pretty clean ever since then, but I noticed today that it's gone from a 3 to 2.
Anyone ever had this happen, or understand why it would go down like this? I've done nothing but gain links since then. Many of mine come from blogrolls/sitewides, but in the niche I'm working in this is extremely common. It's not a very profitable niche in of itself, so a majority of the other sites within it will gladly add you to their blogroll or friends lists or whatever they have going just for asking.
Anyway, anyone else ever experience something like this?
This was in late May, and when PR updated in early August the site was a PR3. This was without buying any links or doing anything shade whatsoever, so as you can imagine I was pretty psyched about this.
I've still kept things pretty clean ever since then, but I noticed today that it's gone from a 3 to 2.
Anyone ever had this happen, or understand why it would go down like this? I've done nothing but gain links since then. Many of mine come from blogrolls/sitewides, but in the niche I'm working in this is extremely common. It's not a very profitable niche in of itself, so a majority of the other sites within it will gladly add you to their blogroll or friends lists or whatever they have going just for asking.
Anyway, anyone else ever experience something like this?