Recommendations for a MP3 player for running/working out?

CLKeenan

Banned
Jun 24, 2006
2,506
14
0
Boston, MA
First thought that came to mind was an iPod nano, but I don't really want to spend $120 on something that I'll use a few times a week for a few hours. Any suggestions? Looking for something in the < $50 range.
 


I went to a Best Buy a few weeks ago and was surprised to see android mp3 players sitting next to ipods.

I didn't check them out, but next time I'm there I'm gonna look them up.

Here's to 30 minutes of battery life.
 
I would seriously opt fro the nano man (the newest one), especially if you want any data on your exercising.

I might actually get one myself just so I can have a pedometer + mp3 player in one device.
 
What kind of phone do you have? I use an iPhone with an armband that cost $5 on eBay and it works great. I usually stream Pandora or Spotify rather than MP3s though.

Hard to believe any smartphones don't have this option these days.
 
What kind of phone do you have? I use an iPhone with an armband that cost $5 on eBay and it works great. I usually stream Pandora or Spotify rather than MP3s though.

Hard to believe any smartphones don't have this option these days.

I have a samsung galaxy s2. I currently just run with the phone in my pocket. Not a horrible option, but I'd rather not have a big 4.5" phone in bulky shorts with pockets. Would rather just clip something on and hit the road when running outdoors.

Now if I was at the gym lifting, I'd probably just opt for an armband so I can be using my phone for email, looking up workouts, etc.
 
Auto-reverse baby

win-pictures-walkman-sport.jpg
 
Get a sansa clip...the thing is tiny, lightweight and battery life is crazy.

I like it a lot better than my nano.

You can just drag and drop songs/albums from windows explorer...no need for any software.

Also, go to rockbox.org and install the software. Very easy setup. It changes the UI of the player.

Much more intuitive and simple layouts than the stock UI.
 
Get a sansa clip...the thing is tiny, lightweight and battery life is crazy.

I like it a lot better than my nano.

You can just drag and drop songs/albums from windows explorer...no need for any software.

Also, go to rockbox.org and install the software. Very easy setup. It changes the UI of the player.

Much more intuitive and simple layouts than the stock UI.

Perfect. Just the feedback I was looking for. They are onsale at newegg for $30 for a 4GB model. I won't feel bad at all if I buy it and only use it once a week at that price.
 
The nano + tracking enabled shoes. Then you can see exactly what your doing on your workout ;)