I don't see anyone doing referals anymore. It seems it requires such a high volume of affiliates under you in order to earn any decent numbers.
Moreover, most networks have the affiliates go direct, and incentivize them with higher payouts. I suppose that is why so many are creating networks.
I was thinking about referring people locally, though, with business cards or something. The big name bloggers have the web pretty much on lock with referals, but I was thinking of just creating a blog, and list out network referals - maybe provide other information to get them started - many wyas to go about this. Then, hand out business cards to all kinds of locals.
waste of time? am i living in the old days of affiliate marketing?
Moreover, most networks have the affiliates go direct, and incentivize them with higher payouts. I suppose that is why so many are creating networks.
I was thinking about referring people locally, though, with business cards or something. The big name bloggers have the web pretty much on lock with referals, but I was thinking of just creating a blog, and list out network referals - maybe provide other information to get them started - many wyas to go about this. Then, hand out business cards to all kinds of locals.
waste of time? am i living in the old days of affiliate marketing?