It had a great plot and was very enjoyable. It's infinitely better than the Burton remake which was total bollocks. This is a proper re-boot (a la dark knight) and am looking forward to the sequel.
It was too slow for me. I thought the "rise" was going to be the apes rise to power (ending where the first remake left off). This was 2 hours only focusing on how 100 or so apes became somewhat smart. That could have easily been done in 30 minutes.
The sequel will probably be better, I was expecting more from this though.
I would be very interested to know what recent movies you liked SUP3RNOVA as, as far as Hollywood "big" movies go this was one of the best in quite a while, and I am really not a fan of what has been put out recently, such as Green Lantern (awful movie).
I don't really go to the theater for movies anymore, I mostly watch Indie films and a lot of the classics. I want to see Cowboys vs Aliens because of the cast.