For those of you in SEO, how many pages of crap content gets pushed out for every page of "quality" content you are trying to rank on your site? I might write 800 words for my site and then I'll have to go and write thousands of words of very thin content to post to articles sites, 2.0's, and wherever else for backlinks.
I just had an epiphany moment when I saw the big picture. G wants quality content but they rank based on link value and quantity (in a nutshell, obvi.) So I contribute one decent article and then essentially spam out hundreds of pages of what some may colloquially refer to as "crap" to get it ranked.
It seems very contradictory and counter productive as far as the whole scheme of things go. However, as far as I go I'm just happy it works.
I just had an epiphany moment when I saw the big picture. G wants quality content but they rank based on link value and quantity (in a nutshell, obvi.) So I contribute one decent article and then essentially spam out hundreds of pages of what some may colloquially refer to as "crap" to get it ranked.
It seems very contradictory and counter productive as far as the whole scheme of things go. However, as far as I go I'm just happy it works.