Unrealistic Life Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of all the worlds religions and replacing them with science.

that's a pretty retarded idea. science and religion deal with different territories, and when people attempt to use one to cover the others ground, they confuse their purpose.

the role of science is to help explain, as best it can, the universe we live in. nowhere in it's job description does it include morality or how things ought to be. that crosses into philosophy, where religion is more than welcome to stay and contribute.
 


that's a pretty retarded idea. science and religion deal with different territories, and when people attempt to use one to cover the others ground, they confuse their purpose.

the role of science is to help explain, as best it can, the universe we live in. nowhere in it's job description does it include morality or how things ought to be. that crosses into philosophy, where religion is more than welcome to stay and contribute.

Mr. Weinberg summarizes it well, and I assume you don't know much about history to be saying something as ignorant as "religion promotes good moral".

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion." ~ Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in physics

I also noticed your name is Iron Logic, how ironic. If you want logic you better get reading. Here's some material for you to get started.

Reciprocal altruism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Selfish Gene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't deceive yourself into thinking religion brings any good to this world.


Since I'm posting again my other unrealistic goal is to remove the ability for humans to be delusional when the facts don't support those delusions. I guess this wouldn't be very good for affiliate marketers but it would certainly be a step forward for humanity.

If you care to bring this any further start a thread with your refutations, I'll gladly chime in.
 
no need to start a new thread, you simply misunderstood what i wrote.

nowhere did i judge religious morals as good or bad. i simply stated that within the realm of philosophy, religion is welcome to participate. science on the other hand, has no business replacing religion, for the reasons i mentioned previously.

now fuck off.
 
no need to start a new thread, you simply misunderstood what i wrote.

nowhere did i judge religious morals as good or bad. i simply stated that within the realm of philosophy, religion is welcome to participate. science on the other hand, has no business replacing religion, for the reasons i mentioned previously.

now fuck off.

What makes you the authority on where religion is welcome to participate? You know, usually when someone says X is welcome to participate that acts as an endorsement towards X. If you thought it did bad, you wouldn't welcome it right? So it's safe to assume you believe it brings good and you support it.

If you deny this, just ask yourself if the religious quacko's that "welcome religion" in the schools support or don't support it. Stop digging your hole and come up with an argument worth a grain of salt and maybe I'll take you seriously.


Arguing with the delusional always ends up going in circles. Plan your visit, they made a museum for your kind Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview - Creation Museum !

the%20bible.jpg


My new unrealistic goal is making you realize your lack of basic understanding about the world around you.
 
What makes you the authority on where religion is welcome to participate? You know, usually when someone says X is welcome to participate that acts as an endorsement towards X. If you thought it did bad, you wouldn't welcome it right? So it's safe to assume you believe it brings good and you support it.

religion is welcome to participate in philosophic discussion because religions deal with philosophic matters. is that hard to follow?

also, how can you say that you assumed it an endorsement? Of what, "religion"?! which one would that be? which of the thousand different morals and philosophical issues that they all encompass? surely nobody would infer such a sweeping generalization from what i wrote.

If you deny this, just ask yourself if the religious quacko's that "welcome religion" in the schools support or don't support it. Stop digging your hole and come up with an argument worth a grain of salt and maybe I'll take you seriously.

you're the one digging yourself deeper with all these assumptions, not me. you also still fail to understand my point and your logic is terrible.

Arguing with the delusional always ends up going in circles. Plan your visit, they made a museum for your kind Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview - Creation Museum !

thanks, now i can make my point from the other side of the table. religions have no business trying to cover scientific subject matter, period. my point stands.

you also seem to believe that i'm a christian for some reason, which isn't the case. you've also made several person attacks over the course of your posts, which, if anything, only demonstrates your lack of a real argument. try keeping up with the rest of the class.
 
Please, oh please, don't turn this into a religious debate.

Hey, there's an unrealistic goal. I want to convert anyone who gives enough of a shit about religion (for or against) that they debate it online into a luddite.
 
Please, oh please, don't turn this into a religious debate.

Hey, there's an unrealistic goal. I want to convert anyone who gives enough of a shit about religion (for or against) that they debate it online into a luddite.

Good point, I merely stated my opinion in the beginning.. I think Iron was just looking for a fight. Some religious people usually like pushing their opinions without warrant, so I'm not really surprised.
 
Being anti-religion is a form of Religion. There is always a god in your life. It could be God, "You", something (money) or some activity ( sex, gaming, drugs, you name it ). It all depends on who or what you put first.

With that I'll state a goal, no one can achieve. It's impossible for you to not have a god.
 
Be careful what you label as impossible.

How an Amazonian tribe turned a missionary into an atheist

The Article said:
The Pirahãs, he said, “believed that the world was as it had always been, and that there was no supreme deity”. Furthermore they had no creation myths in their culture. In short, here was a people who were more than happy to live their lives “without God, religion or any political authority”.

Not trying to continue the religion debate. Just carrying on the theme of "nothing's unrealistic."
 
My unrealistic goals are pretty bizarre.

I want to not pay taxes, and not have it be illegal. In other words, I want to pay for what I use, and help people through charity. Right now, that is illegal.

I want to grow and smoke natural plants, without it being illegal. I figure these organisms predate the state, and have legitimacy before some bureaucrat said it was wrong. I don't even like pot, I just know that God/Universe/Creator/Nature >> Government.

I'd like to be able to help free the over 1 million people incarcerated in North America for non-violent crimes. Yes, 1 million non-violent people are prisoner-slaves.

I'd like to be able to choose my own medium of exchange. I don't want to use funny money paper that bankers counterfeit at will.

I'd like to be able to divert all of the money spent on bombs and guns, and use it to feed, clothe and educate the poor. For some reason, we always have money for guns, and never enough money for the necessities of life. People lose jobs, but they never stop making weapons.

Crazy ideas.
 
My unrealistic goals are pretty bizarre.

I want to not pay taxes, and not have it be illegal. In other words, I want to pay for what I use, and help people through charity. Right now, that is illegal.

I want to grow and smoke natural plants, without it being illegal. I figure these organisms predate the state, and have legitimacy before some bureaucrat said it was wrong. I don't even like pot, I just know that God/Universe/Creator/Nature >> Government.

I'd like to be able to help free the over 1 million people incarcerated in North America for non-violent crimes. Yes, 1 million non-violent people are prisoner-slaves.

I'd like to be able to choose my own medium of exchange. I don't want to use funny money paper that bankers counterfeit at will.

I'd like to be able to divert all of the money spent on bombs and guns, and use it to feed, clothe and educate the poor. For some reason, we always have money for guns, and never enough money for the necessities of life. People lose jobs, but they never stop making weapons.

Crazy ideas.

Seems pretty sane to me, and the crazy thing is you get like twice the money off of your taxes if you donate to politics rather than charity. Bunch of crooks.
 
My unrealistic goals are pretty bizarre.

I want to not pay taxes, and not have it be illegal. In other words, I want to pay for what I use, and help people through charity. Right now, that is illegal.

I want to grow and smoke natural plants, without it being illegal. I figure these organisms predate the state, and have legitimacy before some bureaucrat said it was wrong. I don't even like pot, I just know that God/Universe/Creator/Nature >> Government.

I'd like to be able to help free the over 1 million people incarcerated in North America for non-violent crimes. Yes, 1 million non-violent people are prisoner-slaves.

I'd like to be able to choose my own medium of exchange. I don't want to use funny money paper that bankers counterfeit at will.

I'd like to be able to divert all of the money spent on bombs and guns, and use it to feed, clothe and educate the poor. For some reason, we always have money for guns, and never enough money for the necessities of life. People lose jobs, but they never stop making weapons.

Crazy ideas.
You do know that you can basically do all that shit if you move to the Cook islands, Macau or Luxemborg, right?

So much of the shit you rail against is practically laissez faire if you just get the fuck out of America. Or is everywhere else too commie for you? :P
 
Harvey, I have you on ignore because you are a worthless commie . I don't want to waste a reply on you, except to say that only the most pampered, soft and useless product of a socialist system, would try to claim that a free man should run when statist idiots like yourself would steal his property or imprison him and make him work as a slave for smoking a naturally occurring plant.

Everyone reading my post understood it was about principles. Except you. But then you don't have any principles. You only know how to prostrate in front of your government god and beg for more wealth to be transferred from a producer to you.
 
1. Assemble a crack team of mercenaries and go on operations to rescue people who were sold to slavery/sex slavery in Europe and Asia.
2. Start a university and flood North America with an abundant supply of doctors and lawyers, to bring their wages down and make their services more accessible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.