What Email Client Do You Use?

Yep they all have their own sub folders, but I wanted something which can actually have a single login/ID for each of my domains.

So say there is an email sent to me@mydomain1.com. I shouldn't be able to reply to that received email from me@mydomain2.com.

Is there some way around this in ThunderBird? So far it's cool except for that mish mash of having every email account accessible from one on screen view.

Any ideas/tips/tricks/hacks?


PS: if you use rules, you can only sort mail. But you can still reply to the wrong email from the wrong domain (esp when creating a new email and sending it out, in a rush). That's what I wanted to avoid, you see. With seperate accounts this is impossible - and in my case, ideal!
i hear you.

but, none provide that anymore today.

all public services seem to want to turn your mail and contacts into a social network.

for this reason, i stopped using public e-mail. went back to phone/in person and the few addresses i still have, are all self-hosted with roundcube

i would not recommend hotmail for business... after seeing they have a full shadow interface into your account, reserved for LE [law enforcement]
 


Thunderbird. I don't use the "all in one inbox" either as I don't like it, but each account shows as a sub folder under the Inbox, and I don't even notice they are below the "inbox" anymore. If I hit reply to a mail, it automatically defaults to sending from the account I am in.
 
I love Thunderbird (ex Eudora Pro user) but they have no support. You go into their live chat and there are 100 volunteer people that refer you to FAQs. If you have a serious issue, you're on your own.

Thunderbird does not handle shutdowns well. If you have an issue and it crashes, you can re-run to find your mail comes in super slow. Happened to me 2-3 times so far over the last few years, requires a complete overhaul to fix. That aside, it's the best thing out there I've found so far.
 
Never got the logout of one ID and log into another in order to check all of your email accounts. A one time rule setup has everybody going to their own separate folder. At a glance you can see all of the emails in one place yet organized into logical groups.
 
I love Thunderbird (ex Eudora Pro user) but they have no support. You go into their live chat and there are 100 volunteer people that refer you to FAQs. If you have a serious issue, you're on your own.

Thunderbird does not handle shutdowns well. If you have an issue and it crashes, you can re-run to find your mail comes in super slow. Happened to me 2-3 times so far over the last few years, requires a complete overhaul to fix. That aside, it's the best thing out there I've found so far.

if it wasn't for you and people like you (http://www.wickedfire.com/art-mailing/) i might still be using thunderbird as well :-)
 
Thunderbird 2.0

I tried 3.0 and that one inbox for everything seriously annoyed me and had me raging so much I almost got violent.

I like each email to have it's own inbox, none of this tabs and folders bullshit they introduced with 3.0 They fucking ruined a good product with the over complicated bullshit and I could never work out how to revert to the "classic" view.

I would still use the old Outlook Express if I could. No frills bullshit.
 
Thunderbird 2.0

I tried 3.0 and that one inbox for everything seriously annoyed me and had me raging so much I almost got violent.

I like each email to have it's own inbox, none of this tabs and folders bullshit they introduced with 3.0 They fucking ruined a good product with the over complicated bullshit and I could never work out how to revert to the "classic" view.

I would still use the old Outlook Express if I could. No frills bullshit.

You can click the little left and right arrows that's above your folders/inbox. It changes between "Favorite", "Recent", "Smart", and "All" Folders. "All Folders" is just like v2. It will break everything down by account.

I use that view and then have saved searches to group specific folders together and have them open in tabs so I can just flip quickly to see All My Messages, A Group's Messages, etc.

It's only as complicated as you make it. Break stuff down and it gets a lot easier and much more organized than v2.
 
So say there is an email sent to me@mydomain1.com. I shouldn't be able to reply to that received email from me@mydomain2.com.

Is there some way around this in ThunderBird? So far it's cool except for that mish mash of having every email account accessible from one on screen view.

Tools >> Account Settings >> Manage Identities

That allows you to customize how each account works with incoming mail.

If you don't want to bother with changing the setting to be like Gmail where it will auto choose the reply as the E-mail it was sent too, you can do this for each specific E-mail message via the little drop-down "from" menu when you are replying.
 
You can click the little left and right arrows that's above your folders/inbox. It changes between "Favorite", "Recent", "Smart", and "All" Folders. "All Folders" is just like v2. It will break everything down by account.

I use that view and then have saved searches to group specific folders together and have them open in tabs so I can just flip quickly to see All My Messages, A Group's Messages, etc.

It's only as complicated as you make it. Break stuff down and it gets a lot easier and much more organized than v2.

Maybe they've changed it between 3.0 and 3.1 but changing to the all folders tabbed never displayed each email address in it's own side bar like it does for me in 2.0.

In any case, 2.0 does exactly what I need it to do, no reason to upgrade to 3.0.

I can almost always use any piece of software or get it to do what I want and how I want it. Maybe I'm just retarded with 3.0 for some unknown reason.
 
Cerberus Helpdesk is a great tool for organizing email from many different inboxes + you can access all your emails with one login/password. Very useful when you're away from you computer, don't have to synchronize desktop and laptop.
 
I upgraded to 3 from 2 and it's better. You must be doing something wrong, because my folder view as it was after clicking the little view arrows.

iy0tpg.jpg