I haven't had to deal with a large number of hosts for 5 or 6 years now, but holy shit, what a difference! What the fuck happened to the entire industry? I don't mean just a company or two, but pretty near all of them.
It's aggravating, because it's like I'm dealing with a bunch of autistic monkeys, and I'm tired of trying to explain to web hosts how to administer a server. I don't even consider myself a server admin, but I know 2000 times more than these jackoffs that provide support. Then the worst part is the poor customer is stuck in the middle. He doesn't care about blocked ports, SSH access, PHP extensions, or anything else. He just wants the shit he bought to work properly, and rightfully so.
Then you have hosts who put up a fight, when it's obvious they don't know what they're talking about, because it doesn't make any sense. You know, I'll get messages from pissed off customers saying, "well, my host told me you gave write access to all my files through the .htaccess file!!!". What the fuck??? That doesn't even mean anything. You don't change file permissions through a .htaccess file, dipshit hosting support tech.
When did general web hosting support get this horrible and inexperienced? What a gong show it is these days. This is why I always stick with a dedicated server, and just manage it myself.
It's aggravating, because it's like I'm dealing with a bunch of autistic monkeys, and I'm tired of trying to explain to web hosts how to administer a server. I don't even consider myself a server admin, but I know 2000 times more than these jackoffs that provide support. Then the worst part is the poor customer is stuck in the middle. He doesn't care about blocked ports, SSH access, PHP extensions, or anything else. He just wants the shit he bought to work properly, and rightfully so.
Then you have hosts who put up a fight, when it's obvious they don't know what they're talking about, because it doesn't make any sense. You know, I'll get messages from pissed off customers saying, "well, my host told me you gave write access to all my files through the .htaccess file!!!". What the fuck??? That doesn't even mean anything. You don't change file permissions through a .htaccess file, dipshit hosting support tech.
When did general web hosting support get this horrible and inexperienced? What a gong show it is these days. This is why I always stick with a dedicated server, and just manage it myself.