What's Your Level of Education

Level of Education?

  • No High School

    Votes: 11 4.8%
  • High School

    Votes: 62 26.8%
  • 2-Year College

    Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 4-Year College

    Votes: 89 38.5%
  • Masters

    Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Doctorate

    Votes: 3 1.3%

  • Total voters
    231
Status
Not open for further replies.


bashelor at applied mathematics, was love it, but as well it just way too much of it last courses, I lost focus and got low grades but at least finish it and didn't go for masters, don't see the point.
 
I dropped out of one of the best design schools in the country because it was a waste of fucking money.
4 Years later and I am making 10x as much money as anyone I was in school with.
 
Starting my second semester at Louisiana State University. I started out as a Mechanical Engineering major, but switched into Business Management and Entrepreneurship. I'm thinking about switching into Finance, but I have a few more years to go until I start taking core classes for my major.
 
bashelor at applied mathematics, was love it, but as well it just way too much of it last courses, I lost focus and got low grades but at least finish it and didn't go for masters, don't see the point.

maybe point being hidden in english bashlor u can haz grammar more a bit.
 
My wife's a lawyer, and she fucking hates it.

But to answer the OP, I've got an MBA from a top program. I actually really like the job I have as a result, but the the long hours and travel detract from being able to focus on IM work. While the debt is annoying in the short-term, it's good to know I can find a high-paying job in any economy when I need to. Plus the relationships/connections my grad degree afforded me open a lot of doors for freelance consulting work when I decide to leave the rat race. The downside is that I'm not as hungry as a lot of people here, so I'm moving at a slower pace. But the last 9-10 months of pecking away on the weekends is starting to pay off, so I'm getting there.

But that's just the employment/money-making side of things -- purely practical matters. Undergrad was a far more transformative and fuckin' kick-ass five years. Sure, studying East Asian history, pumping myself full of drugs, working pizza delivery, etc does jack shit for the pocketbook now but I'll be damned if I traded the college experience for anything. To each his own, but I'm really glad I didn't spend those years stuck behind a computer. Plenty of time for that now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.