What's Your Level of Education

Level of Education?

  • No High School

    Votes: 11 4.8%
  • High School

    Votes: 62 26.8%
  • 2-Year College

    Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 4-Year College

    Votes: 89 38.5%
  • Masters

    Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Doctorate

    Votes: 3 1.3%

  • Total voters
    231
Status
Not open for further replies.


ah if i could do it over i would have skipped my university days and gone right to work but WVU was so much fun!!!!

self taught advanced photoshop/flash and php - java programming

my degree: BA in African History and Francophone literature from West Virginia University
 
BS Management with concentrations in Acct and Finance. Working on my CPA at the moment.

my degree: BA in African History and Francophone literature from West Virginia University

Pretty interesting combo Brendan. Did you fall in love with a Haitian girl at WVU or something? :love-smiley-087:
 
Finishing high school in January (dropped out twice to work, sue me), after that I don't even know if I'm going to bother with college, I can't see myself learning anything of value.
 
Americas education system is one of the lowest. We are behind soo much that its like a joke, no wonder why our economy is not doing to good, cuz we're too behind in our education.

I read Forbes the other day, it said that by year 2025 most of the doctors and lawyers and scientists will be from overseas (China and India). Americans are losing interest rapidly in 8-9 yr higher education programs aka University.

Its sad. But the truth hurts.

America is one of the few countries that educates ALL of it's people. Most of the other highly developed countries you read about, especially those that are "beating" the United States in education, educate only a select portion of the population to any degree (the highest and most prepared.) This is one of those "truths" that is often left out of arguments such as this.

As for me, I have a BBA in Engineering Route to Business with a focus on project management and project engineering. The corporate world wasn't doing it for me, so I went back and got certified in five areas (Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, ESL) so I could teach the surly junior high kids that I love, and have also finished a Masters in Library Science and have added that certification to my list. So, I'm also a non-practicing librarian. Not bad for 29, I think...
 
Being self-employed isn't for everyone. For the majority, school is a good thing (assuming they don't put themselves into too much debt). IMO, the cost of school is too high and financially makes very little sense though. Too often I see friends (or their parents) spend 50-80k on their education and when they graduate the best salary they qualify for is 36k-40k.

Personally, I finished high school then dicked around in a semester of college and then quit. I started doing web development as freelance and have been loving every minute of it since then.
 
My wife started her MS Counseling this past August. Writing a paper on the different theory/methods right now.

I secretly hope she opens her own clinic, hires a few other counselors, and makes mad bank.


Yeah, there's a lot you can do with an MS in Counseling. Private practice is nice since you can schedule your own hours and charge redic amounts of money/ hour.

I went with the teaching and college counseling route. I have fun doing it, but education won't bring in the aff bucks.

Where is she doing her program?
 
just saw your comment :) WVU did not have to many Haitian girls but the women of West Virginia (the ones with teeth) are super HOT!

not sure how or why i ended up with the degree i have - most of it is a blur.. but some fun times.


BS Management with concentrations in Acct and Finance. Working on my CPA at the moment.



Pretty interesting combo Brendan. Did you fall in love with a Haitian girl at WVU or something? :love-smiley-087:
 
Fourth year in college, B.S. in Cognitive Science specializing in Human Computer Interaction. It's interesting shit but I don't really know what I will be using it for, or if I'll get a job out of it since I like doing entrepreneurial stuff more. It's kinda funny, I found this site and next quarter I'm taking a class on search engines.
 
I got one paper that says I went through all the school bullshit and another one to tell employers I know a bunch of useless facts about administrating a network. Didn't attend either graduation as my final fuck you to both of them.
 
Graduated from college, English major. Lucky that I started AM my last semester or I could've ended up like Jon :jester:
 
What I noticed was, every year below me was becoming dumber and dumber. I could read and write fully and very well at a young age - so could the rest of my year (class / grade).

Well the year 7s (11-12) can't even read and write anymore. It's becoming seriously fucked up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.