Where are my runners at in this bitch?

Let me know how that works out in 6 months. You won't be running 10k 5 times a week or anywhere near that.

why not pick a fitness goal you'll actually reach? working out 2 to 5 hours a week would be a nice goal.

It's certainly not at all impossible. 10k per day really is not that bad and I personally know of people in REAL life that do 70+ *miles* per week. I'm not trying to hit it in the next week, I'm doing this long term of course. Even if it takes me 2 years I'll get there.
 


And considering I literally started 2 days ago and I'm doing 3k a day (EVERY day) - I don't see any fucking problems pussyass nigga. Grow some balls for fuck's sake.

The thing I'm being super careful about is injuries. Definitely doing a lot of research into that.
 
Yeah I get it. But time wise it fits in the bracket you suggested :)

It's not a big deal when you break it down something like this. Keep in mind these are fairly easy times for even a half decent runner. The thing you have to understand is once you start running you get hooked. Anyone half serious about running is going to want to do at least 50k / week. It's addictive. And that's coming from someone who thought running was "boring". I don't know if pewep will do it, just saying it's not a big deal once you get into it.

Monday - 5k morning 5k evening - 1 hour
Tues - 7.5k - 45 minutes
Wed - 10k - 1 hour
Thurs - 5k - 30 min
Friday - 7.5k - 45 min
Saturday - 10k - 1 hour
Sunday - Rest

Certainly possible. As a former fat ass I know what you mean about it being enjoyable.
 
I aim to run 15-20k/week - always a great way to start the morning! If anyone is in San Fran, I'm hitting Golden Gate Park frequently for the next 6 weeks. I average an 8 min/mile pace but can adjust for groups.
 
I used to run professionally but not since my accident.

k8z9Y.gif
 
i used to run long distance. ran a marathon before actually. I also used to run several miles a day when I was in the Army.

Now, all the cardio I do is MMA & jiujitsu. My knees can't handle running long distances anymore =/

Yo pewep PM me your skype.
 
I would run for fitness, but it doesn't motivate me. I run for the high and to experience my body moving through space. If I run far enough and long enough, it inevitably reconnects me with the reality that nothing matters, I have nothing to lose or be afraid of, and I am able to shape my experience of reality with my intention and willpower. I lose this understanding as I get drawn into the lull of day to day life, but intense physical exertion brings it back without fail.

I've worked up to a 5k three times per week over the past few months. Although I keep hoping I'll have the experience you describe here, I honestly fucking hate running. What keeps me at it is the way it makes me feel afterwards, and the belief that being able to do shit I hate makes my will stronger. I'm hoping to break 10k sometime this spring.
 
Distance running blows, both figuratively and literally, when talking about joint abuse. I used to run 3-10 miles a day as part of this neanderthalic training program our fire Chief had instituted pre-dinosaur era but after a couple years of continual negative feedback, he turned the training protocol over to a couple of us with a more modern understanding of training to prevent injuries. Not coincidentally, we all got stronger and faster too.

7:07 for 1.5 mile (2.4km) personal best, I only go longer than 100 yards now if it's uphill.

#intervalsFTW