where to stay in philly?

Hotwire.com - You can see what area of the city the hotel will be in, and the last time I checked for Philly, there were some good hotels at awesome prices. Priceline and Hotwire Forum can help you figure out which hotel exactly you'll be getting (or at least help narrow it down to 2 or so potential hotels).

And if you like belgian beer and/or mussels, you'll need to check out http://www.monkscafe.com/ .
 


Johns Roast Pork is hands down the best cheesesteak the city. Plus next to a strip club, cant beat it. Anyone check out the chunky soup tug o war infront of tony lukes? When we all doin the philly meet up?
 
you can find a good spot in center city or can prob find a cheaper option in conshohocken or ft washington and take the train into town.
 
And, whos got the best cheese steak?

Easily Jim's or Pat's. Can't help ya with the hotel's though. I recommend like 5 mins outside of philly or around the mt. laurel area since its really close


I actually live right on the border of Mount Laurel. I am in marlton. If you are looking for somewhere close, look for something on rt 70. I know theres a place called the loft. Its brand new and seems pretty badass. I work like a quarter of a mile from there. And your talkin about 20 minutes to philly. It's not bad at all

Crazy, didn't think anyone lived around Mt. Laurel. Didn't think anyone was around the south jersey area.
 
Oh yeah...if you go into a neighborhood corner bar in Philly, buy the place a round after your first beer. There is no more win than a shot glass upside down in a bar in Philly. Trust me.

Phillian - help me out here...
 
Easily Jim's or Pat's. Can't help ya with the hotel's though. I recommend like 5 mins outside of philly or around the mt. laurel area since its really close




Crazy, didn't think anyone lived around Mt. Laurel. Didn't think anyone was around the south jersey area.

where are you?
 
Thanks guys i am leaning towards the mt laurel area. As for the cheese steak...i guess I will eat several and then jump in on the debate :D
 
I stayed at the Loews Hotel about 6 years ago and it was nice then. Not sure how much it cost b/c it was an awards dinner from a warranty company I used in the car business. Give them a shot.