I just got an email about fraternity and sorority hazing and whatnot and all the fines they have to pay if they do it. I realize I'm probably just a lot smarter and can see the big picture better than most of the people who make these laws, but it still seems pretty stupid. Person A voluntarily makes a fool out of themselves, and Person B gets punished. If anything, it should be the "hazee" who gets punished, because they made the decision to partake in the ridiculous activities when they had ample opportunity to decide not to.
Of course I'm looking at it from a logical rather than financial point of view. If I ran a university, I wouldn't want all these negative stories about hazing going on solely because it would stop some parents from letting their kids go to my school, which would mean less money for me. I don't think this is how they're looking at it though.
Just wanted to know what you all thought about this. If anyone disagrees, I'd be interested in seeing your points, minus the "omgz ur so dumb hazing sucks ur opinon is wrongz!!1" :arcadefreak:
Of course I'm looking at it from a logical rather than financial point of view. If I ran a university, I wouldn't want all these negative stories about hazing going on solely because it would stop some parents from letting their kids go to my school, which would mean less money for me. I don't think this is how they're looking at it though.
Just wanted to know what you all thought about this. If anyone disagrees, I'd be interested in seeing your points, minus the "omgz ur so dumb hazing sucks ur opinon is wrongz!!1" :arcadefreak: