Worldwide Tax Survey (Places to Escape the Parasites)

As far as I know, you cannot run a shell company in Singapore.
6MD8c.jpg
 


I realized about a year or so ago the biggest income boost I could get easily was to reduce taxes to as low as possible. In my case, it can be a matter of increasing my net income almost 100%.

Oh man bro, am I happy someone gets it.

I do a facepalm every time someone I know start discussing which pension plan has the highest return, when they only differ a few percent. Compare that to eliminating 25%-40% in taxes and it pales completely in comparison. Tax structuring and temporary exodus in the global world is the smartest decision any skilled worker can make today.
 
Woot, Baltic states (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia) are considered Northern Europe, not Eastern Europe.

Title change can boost the image of an country quite seriously I see.

Baltic countries historically have a lot more in common with Scandinavia than Russia. They are actually quite pleasent countries and no doubt have a bright future ahead of them. They're also doing all the right things business wise. Estonia for example has no corporate tax, only tax on dividends.
 
Baltic countries historically have a lot more in common with Scandinavia than Russia. They are actually quite pleasent countries and no doubt have a bright future ahead of them. They're also doing all the right things business wise. Estonia for example has no corporate tax, only tax on dividends.

I just really doubt the future is bright for Latvia right now :) Since joining EU this poor country just goes down and down economically wise. Estonia and Lithuania are doing much better.
 
While it's a great idea, the trade off is having to leave your friends/family in order to make this happen.

And if you're like me and your family is super important to you, it's hard to do.
 
Tax is a crime. So, no.

Giving the crime rate in my country and the one in yours (guess it's Canada) what I say is accurate.

More than 30 cops murdered in 2012 only, let alone the number of civilians killed. That's way I said that.

I do agree that taxes are excesive to a certain point, but after visiting Canada a couple of times already I found worthwhile paying taxes there and not here.
 
Another thing, as a US citizen and you don't want to risk doing anything the US government considers illegal tax wise, you need to renounce citizenship. There are only a few countries that will accept you as a citizen to even do that, you cant just be like "Oh I am no longer Merican I'm going to pick this country for my new citizenship" it doesnt work like that, because frankly, the rest of the world wants nothing to do with Americans.

Its all bullshit really, as far as I know, the US is the only country that requires you to pay income tax on money earned outside the country. Merica'
 
While it's a great idea, the trade off is having to leave your friends/family in order to make this happen.

And if you're like me and your family is super important to you, it's hard to do.

Doesnt work like that, if you manage to pull it off, you don't have to live in the new country you are a citizen of, just follow the visa rules.
 
Any practical suggestions for US citizens with spouses who refuse to leave the good ole US of A?
Easy... just wait 4 years. When a Republican gets in office all these people won't have a problem with taxes anymore. Just like during the Bush years.

It'll be all about being a nation again and you'll witness the "we're all in those together as a nation" team America attitudes be reborn.

Also, taxes will be seen as a patriotic duty because the liberals shrank our military and weakened the nation.
 
Any practical suggestions for US citizens with spouses who refuse to leave the good ole US of A?

Move to a state w/o an income tax, like Nevada or Texas. Or, get a 2nd citizenship, renounce your US citizenship, and then come back into the country illegally.

It's not like you will get deported. Plus, you will have lots of tax savings, no Obamacare bills, etc.
 
This may be a little personally revealing, but I have this huge weakness for Lindsay Lohan. I don't know why.

Tax structuring and temporary exodus in the global world is the smartest decision any skilled worker can make today.
I am a Canadian, so on each marginal dollar I earn, I pay around 48% tax.

Then with the 52% net, I am taxed 12% sales tax in province on most purchases.

So I if I start with $100, I get to keep $52, then $45.76 in purchasing power.

That doesn't count having to pay for health insurance (yes, some provinces make us pay a nominal fee for health insurance), property taxes, licenses, etc.

At the end of the day, I am lucky to keep 40% of my marginal income.

Any practical suggestions for US citizens with spouses who refuse to leave the good ole US of A?
I dunno man. You gotta keep the old lady happy.

Giving the crime rate in my country and the one in yours (guess it's Canada) what I say is accurate.
Corrugation is not crustation.

The reason why crime rates are low in Canada are that we have a frontier culture in most of the country, and it's only the cities which are truly dangerous places to live. If you leave Ontario, Calgary, Vancouver, and Montreal, you find people are imminently civilized.

Where I live, there are no cops. Indeed the closest police are usually 30 minutes away, and they close down the police office at 5:00 PM on weekdays and you have to phone a city an hour away to get a cop to come out.

Neighbors look out for each other. People are courteous. Folks tend to mind their own business.

More than 30 cops murdered in 2012 only, let alone the number of civilians killed.
Civilians? Are we at war?

Cops getting murdered is part of being in a dangerous racket. I don't like to see anyone hurt, but it's hard to feel bad about their deaths relative to innocent peaceful people.

I do agree that taxes are excesive to a certain point, but after visiting Canada a couple of times already I found worthwhile paying taxes there and not here.
To each their own. I like this area, I like the culture, I like the people.

But I want to do some big things, and I can't do that with the boat anchor of outrageous taxes dragging me down.

Its all bullshit really, as far as I know, the US is the only country that requires you to pay income tax on money earned outside the country. Merica'
You have to pay tax on money earned outside the country with the exception of a few countries.

What's particularly outrageous is that the USG will tax you for up to 10 years after you leave.

This is why it is increasingly hard for Americans to open foreign bank accounts. Foreign institutions don't want to deal with the IRS being up their ass.

Doesnt work like that, if you manage to pull it off, you don't have to live in the new country you are a citizen of, just follow the visa rules.
Right. Normally, you pay taxes wherever you have established residence. I don't know how this works in the US, but in Canada, you can be in country as a non-resident citizen for like 6 months minus 1 day.

Also, taxes will be seen as a patriotic duty because the liberals shrank our military and weakened the nation.
You're making a mistake if you think this is political.
 
"But I want to do some big things, and I can't do that with the boat anchor of outrageous taxes dragging me down."

^^ G hit it on the head with how I feel now and have felt for a couple years now.

Its just not income/rev taxes, but also taxes on things you own like cars/boats/planes and property, sales tax, death tax, etc.

When I look at all the tax I owe, its recockulous.

Not only do I see a big chunk gone from my income every month, but it seems like every month I get hit with a notice that I owe $XXXX on one of my cars for taxes, or how I owe $XXXX for my property taxes or how I owe $XXXX this month for some something else I did earlier in the year. It just never stops.

Lowering rev/income taxes is a huge chunk, but for some of us it seems collecting taxes on other things we have never stops. If you own anything of value that the gov. says they need to know about ( car, boat, property ) your still getting fucked each month somehow in the US.

If I drove 25 year old cars that the state said had no value, had a jon boat, and no land.. I could prob save $10k-$20k a year in state taxes alone
 
Capital gains taxes are one of the biggest rackets.

So you buy a house for $100k. 20 years later, you sell it for $350k because that's the going rate for that kind of house now (inflation).

You pay capital gains on the $250k "gain".

Let's say, $50k.

So now you have $300k, and can't afford to buy the house you just sold.

Inflation + capital gains taxes = rape room.
 
I just spent an hour at the local Social Security office getting a replacement card and the mess of humanity that I am supporting sickened me. The average age was mid 30s and healthy, but everyone there was there for "disability"...

Getting raped with taxes, fees, and other governmental charges on one hand while busting my ass to support my family 14 hours a day, and watching this mass of humanity whose only skill is finding ways to milk the government for more money has left me Pissed Off...

I am not leaving my country, my country left me.