Naw I was kind of drunk on wine when I wrote that post. I can seemingly drink gallons of Vodka, but a bottle of wine makes me loopy as shit.
You don't have to name wines that are in the $10 or less bracket, it's just what I typically aim for (I drink to get drunk). Lot's of shitty wines in that bracket. I was just more wondering if there are any wine drinkers around here. Share what you like, no matter the cost.
As Apothic Red, yeah it was OK. A bit too much mocha flavor IMHO, but decent.
I just had Turning Leaf Chardonnay 2009, and it was a pretty tasty white, with nice butterscotch overtones.
Also at the top of my list is: Door County Natural Wines Blackberry American Merlot, and excellent blackberry Merlot, goes well with steak. Also SKS Estate "Silk", which is a red blend.
Also why all the hate? I can't hate soccer and Europe and like wine at the same time? I hail from a state that is known for cheese, so it's pretty natural to like cheese here. Wine makes cheese even better, so it's logical to also like wine.
Keep hating soccer and euro fags.