Anyone recently made the move from a Mac to a PC?



The fact is, why do i want to clicky, click every cunting box and piece of bollocks along with confirmation messages and keeping an eye on security? I turn it on, press cmd+space, and open anything i want with no clicks. I also close, go between and operate everything with no clicks and without lengthy windows style 'shortcuts'.

Wow! How long did it take you to master mind control to open and close things?

Seriously though, the Windows key and variations of it aren't hard to master ;)
 
No i know. :D

But it's the little things. Add them all up and it makes working or at least running things quicker.

To be honest my post was a bit too "fanboi", but Zomk or whatever his name was wound me up, because he's clearly without a clue!

End of the day I use both, could never move entirely to Mac, and the only Apple product i own is my MacBook. Oh and i fucking hate Apple Fanbois, hence why my Macbook is covered i stickers and my case is pink. The disgust fanbois look at me with is a thing to behold. :)
 
I'm still in awe that my posts were taken seriously, so I'll just leave this here before you guys end up proving me right.

q6p28onb.jpg
 
There's no point in buying a Mac unless you're really obsessed with the awesome cool looks and OS that you have to load a bunch of money in to. Seriously. I'd rather pay to have my OS reloaded once a year then have to pay $85 for Windows Movie Maker (which I do know sucks BTW) and every other piece of software that's ridiculously overpriced.

Scenario: I want to convert an AVI file to an 3gp file so I can play it on my phone.

Mac: Buy this $95 program and convert it. After the video goes out of sync with the audio, buy Final Cut Pro to fix it.

PC: Download freeware to convert video file. Quick and painless.

Macs are great for rich people that don't do anything but surf the net and that are too afraid of viruses and other crap to even bother to research on a good antivirus for 10 minutes. It's called Google.

Even if you are just a sucker for the Mac OS, build a hackintosh. Don't know how? Pay someone. You'll still walk out of there spending 1/4 what it would cost for Mac hardware.
 
There's no point in buying a Mac unless you're really obsessed with the awesome cool looks and OS that you have to load a bunch of money in to. Seriously. I'd rather pay to have my OS reloaded once a year then have to pay $85 for Windows Movie Maker (which I do know sucks BTW) and every other piece of software that's ridiculously overpriced.

Scenario: I want to convert an AVI file to an 3gp file so I can play it on my phone.

Mac: Buy this $95 program and convert it. After the video goes out of sync with the audio, buy Final Cut Pro to fix it.

PC: Download freeware to convert video file. Quick and painless.

Macs are great for rich people that don't do anything but surf the net and that are too afraid of viruses and other crap to even bother to research on a good antivirus for 10 minutes. It's called Google.

Even if you are just a sucker for the Mac OS, build a hackintosh. Don't know how? Pay someone. You'll still walk out of there spending 1/4 what it would cost for Mac hardware.

it's funny that most people who depend on their machines in a creative environment will disagree with you.

to each their own though, and I did end up building a hackintosh that's screaming, however this was only due to the fact that Apple hasn't released a new mac pro. Had that been available I would've bought that. Believe me the 4 days troubleshooting/tweaking my system could've bought several mac pros with the time wasted.

Prefer Win7? Fine.

I'm dual booting that as well as soon as my second SSD gets here for the Windows OS/applications.
 
Y'know what. Fuck all this. You can almost everything you want on any OS. They're so alike now, most people won't even notice the difference besides a few usability issues. It's all a personal preference.

Unless you play games or do use a lot of adobe products, you can do just about whatever you want on every operating system. Real talk.