Yeah but he moved into a larger 500 sq foot house.
Back during the real estate boom, the company I worked for did a $950,000 loan on a 550 sq. ft. home in Laguna Beach, CA.
550 sqft was like a room you'd see in Ikea. It blew my mind someone would pay that much for so little space.
I went to college with a guy in Laguna. I dropped by his house once and his room was about 1/2 the size of mine. It must have been 6 x 6.
Trust me it's not fun living in a house this size. Growing up poor sucks.
Glendale's a tough place to find land though - you may have to commute to Simi Valley or Lancaster or Riverside to swing it.
You guys all know that no normal person is going to suddenly live in these things. These are for the people that already live in trailers, tents and other weird shit. Just trading one tiny place for another.
I personally think with the right piece of land they would make excellent rental cabins. Tiny living is something people may want to experience but not have full time.