How often do you get in Physical Fights?

i try not to get into fights.

it's all pointless when you're completely driven by emotion, and you can possibly land your ass in jail and fuck up your life. sometimes i've felt the need to grab a gun and blast a few holes into a motherfucker, but i know i shouldn't.

i keep brass knuckles on me when i go into shady districts just for self defense, but i've never had to use 'em.
 


I heard no one here mentioning about "source" or "contacts". I live in India and here people don't care if you are a Martial art or a boxer, You'll be screwed at last. The only thing that saves here you is your contacts with powerful people and criminals.
 
When I was 21, got into a fight with 7 guys at a big party. Only one guy had a problem with me but he called his buddies over. Only because I had no exit route and attack was imminent within seconds did I strike first and strike hard.

Basically I caught a break because the fight lasted about a furious 30-45 seconds and for some reason they all stayed basically in front of me(we were basically in between sets of tables and chairs and it kept them funneled to a certain extent), I focused on faces and launched with intent(not flailing) and was connecting every single time, no lie.

Came away basically unscathed because as I was swinging and slowly backpedaling I tripped over something and while I was falling I pulled one of the guys on top of me to protect me from getting stomped out. They tried to stomp around him while trying to pull him away from me but by the time I had been on the floor maybe 10 seconds people had ran in to get them off of whoever was on the floor "getting killed", I released the dude I used as a shield and stood up feeling fine.

The next day my back hurt from the fall and my fists were cut and hurt from the punches, but all in all I was good. Being 6'5" 245lbs probably had a little bit to do with it and had fought ALOT growing up in the hood in Detroit in self defense because I refused to join any gang and they didnt like it( my dad scared me more, he woulda beat me Facebook Uncle style, lol). I'd also caught a bad beatdown by about 6 kids when I was a teen in school, they ended up kicking my face into a brick wall, and I always regretted not doing a better job in defending myself because I was cared of heir numbers, so I think I was determined never to get my face kicked in again and after reliving how I should have handled those guys in my teens over and over and over in my mind, I guess I was just mentally and physically prepared for the next "pack" that chose to attack me...

(I still would have ended up dead eventually if other people weren't there to intervene in a decent amount of time, any fight can mean your life. I hope to never be forced to fight again.)
 
I live in Victoria, BC. Supposed to be one of the "safest" places to live in the world.. I'm not a big guy, and I dont run my mouth randomly to people but at the same time if someone says something offensive I stand up for myself, and i'll chirp back.

About a year and a bit ago I was downtown and was leaving a the bar with some buddies.. We were outside standing around and I got in an argument with some kid about something stupid.. He ended up punching me in the face so of course i got in a fight.. Kicked his ass and got on top of him, and I thought he was pounding me on the back to try and make me let go but apparently he was stabbing me.. didn't even notice until someone yelled cops and we were a block away and i had holes in the back of my shirt and my buddy noticed it was covered in blood. Nobody saw a knife. He must have had it in his hand ready to go. People are just fucked. I ended up going home, realizing I was letting probalby too much blood out, called a taxi and went to the ER. Doc said I was lucky, stiched me up and sent me on my way after a few hours.

Since then, I don't get retarded drunk when I go out or get into fights if I can help it. I keep my mouth shut for the most part. Who the fuck knows what will happen. Seriously.. grow up on that shit guys. You might be the toughest motherfucker out there, but all it takes is some fuckwad to pull a gun, and good night.

Totally agree with this and that's why I don't get in fights as you just don't know if the person is going to pull out a gun/knife and end your life.
 
...and had fought ALOT growing up in the hood in Detroit in self defense because I refused to join any gang and they didnt like it...

Same upbringing which is probably why I walk around everywhere else without a care in the world. No matter where I find myself, it's never as scary as the east side of Detroit was growing up so fuck it. That translates into a psychological edge for me, coupled with the fact that I'm too old for the dumb shit now, equals not having to fight in a long time. Although I did almost punch a homeless guy in Vegas a few days ago, but that's a long story.
 
While I was all skinny and weak at the time, I could pack a good punch. I know that because I was hanging out at those hit machines that could measure punch strength from 1-1000. I could score 968, mere 14 away from the record.

LOL it's funny because I used to see these skinny korean geeks that were able to score high on that machine while bigger guys would do like 500-600. I always thought this machine was a joke and it meant nothing, but after reading your story I guess maybe there is some truth to it. :arcadefreak:
 
I live in Victoria, BC. Supposed to be one of the "safest" places to live in the world.. I'm not a big guy, and I dont run my mouth randomly to people but at the same time if someone says something offensive I stand up for myself, and i'll chirp back.

About a year and a bit ago I was downtown and was leaving a the bar with some buddies.. We were outside standing around and I got in an argument with some kid about something stupid.. He ended up punching me in the face so of course i got in a fight.. Kicked his ass and got on top of him, and I thought he was pounding me on the back to try and make me let go but apparently he was stabbing me.. didn't even notice until someone yelled cops and we were a block away and i had holes in the back of my shirt and my buddy noticed it was covered in blood. Nobody saw a knife. He must have had it in his hand ready to go. People are just fucked. I ended up going home, realizing I was letting probalby too much blood out, called a taxi and went to the ER. Doc said I was lucky, stiched me up and sent me on my way after a few hours.

Since then, I don't get retarded drunk when I go out or get into fights if I can help it. I keep my mouth shut for the most part. Who the fuck knows what will happen. Seriously.. grow up on that shit guys. You might be the toughest motherfucker out there, but all it takes is some fuckwad to pull a gun, and good night.

Fuckin Victoria. Supposedly safe, but it can be a sketchy place depending on where you are.

I had to kick a homeless guy down a few stairs the other day. Was standing inside to stay out of the rain and wait for a ride, and he just started digging into my pockets and miumbling some random shit.

I'm not one to enjoy fighting/hurting/whatever but I had to get the fucker off of me somehow.

Was also lied to about the fact that it apparently never snows here......
 
The last fight I got into was probably 9 or 10 years ago. My girlfriend bumped some guy's table at a strip club and the top sloshed off his full beer. He used one of the advertisement postcards on the table as a scoop to throw the beer on her.

I demanded he apologize but he refused so I hauled off and decked him. He rose up out of his chair and got under me and literally threw me 10 feet onto a table that collapsed like some wild west brawl. All the strippers in the place leaped up onto the stage for safety. My buddy knocked him to the ground and proceeded to stomp him while I struggled to get at him, being restrained by a gorilla of a bouncer.

I literally levitated out of the place, my feet didn't touch the ground. They threw my friend and I out the back door, along with the guy we were fighting, but they didn't realize there were actually about 10 of us there. They took a look around and grabbed the guy back up and took him back inside for his safety I guess, probably sent him out another door or something.

It was the tail end of a staff Xmas party and we all look back and laugh at that one. Drunken stupidity that I try not to repeat.

Serves the prick right if you ask me.
 
Being 6'5" 245lbs probably had a little bit to do with it and had fought ALOT growing up in the hood in Detroit in self defense because I refused to join any gang and they didnt like it

ufcneedsyou.jpg
 
I live in Victoria, BC. Supposed to be one of the "safest" places to live in the world.. I'm not a big guy, and I dont run my mouth randomly to people but at the same time if someone says something offensive I stand up for myself, and i'll chirp back.

About a year and a bit ago I was downtown and was leaving a the bar with some buddies.. We were outside standing around and I got in an argument with some kid about something stupid.. He ended up punching me in the face so of course i got in a fight.. Kicked his ass and got on top of him, and I thought he was pounding me on the back to try and make me let go but apparently he was stabbing me.. didn't even notice until someone yelled cops and we were a block away and i had holes in the back of my shirt and my buddy noticed it was covered in blood. Nobody saw a knife. He must have had it in his hand ready to go. People are just fucked. I ended up going home, realizing I was letting probalby too much blood out, called a taxi and went to the ER. Doc said I was lucky, stiched me up and sent me on my way after a few hours.

Since then, I don't get retarded drunk when I go out or get into fights if I can help it. I keep my mouth shut for the most part. Who the fuck knows what will happen. Seriously.. grow up on that shit guys. You might be the toughest motherfucker out there, but all it takes is some fuckwad to pull a gun, and good night.

What happened to that guy?
 
I haven't been in a fight since Jr. High School.

Actually scratch that, a year ago I got into a fight during one of our Thursday night beer league softball games. Well actually it was a mini brawl, but I managed to come flying in from 2nd base and blast a guy that had just landed a sucker punch on one of my team mates. I know that guy's head was hurting the next day. I tackled him from behind, slamming his face in the dirt and then got a couple of nice punches in the back of his head. The whole thing only lasted a minute, and while it was a stupid incident that the other team provoked, it felt good to rock that little punk who cheap shotted my friend.
 
I haven't been in a fight since Jr. High School.

Actually scratch that, a year ago I got into a fight during one of our Thursday night beer league softball games. Well actually it was a mini brawl, but I managed to come flying in from 2nd base and blast a guy that had just landed a sucker punch on one of my team mates. I know that guy's head was hurting the next day. I tackled him from behind, slamming his face in the dirt and then got a couple of nice punches in the back of his head. The whole thing only lasted a minute, and while it was a stupid incident that the other team provoked, it felt good to rock that little punk who cheap shotted my friend.
Efeezy FTW, lol!
 
Some guys have been up in my face at the clubs. I just stop, stare until their done their drunken rant and continue walking. I'll never give them the benefit of a reaction, and things never got further.

We only have one life and unfortunately we aren't lobsters.
 
I hate violence. The closest I've been to a fight is when I have to break em.

Calling the cops is usually the best policy.
 
I got into a little scuffle this summer with someone I know. Lets just say he complained about his jaw for a couple weeks and I complained about my knuckle. Alcohol was involved. Some people just get stupid when drinking. I needed to check him, plus I held a little grudge so It wasn't like I didn't enjoy it. After I punched him a couple times in the face, I took him down. Mounted him and smashed his face in.
I have a natural gift for connecting with the face, and almost never get hit. Other then that haven't been in a fight for years.