My wrist is fucking killing me!

You might have a tfcc tear (Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex). As mentioned above you need both ergonomic mouse and keyboard and wrist wraps below the wrist.
 


I bought a $5 bean bag (link here: Amazon.com: Comfortbead Wrist Rest (mouse): Electronics) for under my wrist and haven't had a problem since.

21sfcdr9kML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wrist support FTW.
 
I had the same problem many years ago. I got a trackball for use at home and started doing weights.
After a month or so the pain went away and hasn't been back since. I strongly recommend the exercise and better diet option.
 
If you have to be on the computer, do voice chats instead of text chats, and get voice recognition software to handle dictation for any long content you have to type.
 
41PD4RBYGML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8E262cSLV-WaveRest-Mouse-Silver/dp/B00006BB7Z/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1294093167&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: Belkin F8E262cSLV WaveRest Gel Mouse Pad (Silver): Electronics[/ame]

Gel Mousepad ftw.
 
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone... I decided to try a little of each recommended in the thread.

Grabbed a bean bag wrist support, changed ergos as recommended (removed chair arms, raised height, tilted forward), ditched the mouse pad, increased tracking (holy christ btw!), and an Evoluent is on the way. Still looking at changing my desk (lots of choices out there).

It's been about 4 days now since the changes and the pain is much more manageable. Still some tension and sporadic pain, but I'd imagine it won't go away all at once.

Also added pull ups to my routine periodically throughout the day, and change mouse positions every once in a while... DEFINITELY helps stretch out the forearm/arm muscles and ease the tension just by hanging from a pull up bar.
 
Wrist support FTW.


The been bag is the cats meow. I use that and at another desk have the gel pad and thats a close second. The other suggestion would be a chair with adjustable arms (move higher so arm is level w/ mouse really helps) u can get that little been bag just about anywhere and worth every penny