What do you 'geek out' about?

Status
Not open for further replies.


I mostly geek out about fitness and nutrition, but that stuff isn't that geeky.

My juiciest geek out is probably Transformers.

I collected like every single Transformer from gen 1 back in the early 80's to maybe gen 7 or 8 in the early 90's. I have the 80's cartoon movie and the Marvel comics run. I have the latest movie on DVD and read the book for it. Last week I read 2 books: The Veiled Threat, which is the prequel for the new Transformers movie (Revenge of the Fallen), and the novelization of Revenge of the Fallen, both written by Alan Dean Foster.

I also enjoy superhero comic books, superhero movies, I wear glasses, and I'm a software engineer. All your geek are belong to us!
 
I'm an audiophile and I also collect music bootlegs. I use Soundforge and various plugins to remaster some of the shitty sounding shows to something more palatable. Also like to create thematic mix cd's as gifts - incorporating simple fade ins and fade outs and sometimes adding interesting soundbites or passages as intros and outros. Would maybe like to look into my own net radio show hobby site.
 
Mine is sadly, marching band and drum corps. I write the music for shows for high schools even. I play french horn so I nerd out about it.

The record I'm working on has some french horn in there. I wish it was real... its eastwest orchestral samples. Still, more interesting than just vox, guitars, keyboards and drums (at least to me).
 
I am such a geek, so many subjects..

Psychology, Artificial Intelligence (Neural Networks), Information Graphics, Gadgets...

::emp::
 
Dude..that's .. cool..and popular.
What do you geek about?

Bboyin is not Breakdancing. Example: I can name you the top crews, events, names of moves, recognize a bboy by his style, who won last years BOTY.

Breakdancing is what you see in music videos, commercials, etc... just commercial shit to sell things.

Kind of like you having a bunch of flog landers and saying your a blogger.
 
I geek out on a lot of stuff, for anywhere from ten minutes to a week... then I get bored or distracted and move on to something else.

Books (science fiction, fantasy, classical literature (I have a BA in English), philosophy, physics (Hawking <3), psychology, mythology (Campbell <3), tech, and my next love affair is going to be with History I think)
Photography (but I can't afford a good camera)
Music (gigs of mp3s, rock, jazz, classical, "new age")
RPGs (online (Everquest, etc), offline (D&D, etc))
Game design (I have ideas for a dozen Facebook games, but the Facebook API and performance suck)
Graphic design (I have hundreds of megs of books just on graphic design and advertising psychology)
Web design
Comics
Programming
Games (playing)
...

The list goes on. Sometimes it feels like my brain is on fire.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.