Nobody cares about it yet the game yesterday made the cover of the NY Post and most other major newspapers, and everyone I know is talking about it. This round of games usually sucks because everyone goes into turtle mode (max defense) since nobody wants to lose. Things will pick up in the next few rounds. Also, most of the shitty teams will start getting weeded out.
If you can't appreciate the US team trolling the world by beating other countries in their #1 sport, I don't know what to tell you. The fact that other countries see soccer as a religion, and it's probably our #5 or 6 sport, yet we can still come in and play with the best, is awesome to me.
The games are slow right now, but when the best play the best, you can really appreciate the talent and strategy of the game. I used to feel the same way until I got into watching EPL, compared to shit like MLS you can really tell the difference.
TL;DR: sit back, drink a beer, grill some burgers, stfu and watch the games.
Also, James Clarke please stop quoting your retarded posts (the 5 year old images from 4chan aren't helping)